Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze display/screen malfunctioning

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I've had my Blaze for probably 6 months or so now and I haven't had any issues- until now. Everything was working fine yesterday, no problems tracking my workouts or logging my usual daily info, then at about dinner time it seemed to reset itself. I didn't think much of it at the time, since everything seemed to still be working fine. I went to bed and when I got up I noticed the display jumping around from screen to screen to screen- daily summary to exercise to music control (where it rapidly switched my notifications on and off about 15 times), then back to daily summary, etc. The touchscreen function is nonresponsive now and resetting the Blaze has not fixed the problem.

I have taken the actual Blaze out of the case/band and put it in again to make sure the buttons are properly aligned, and also opened the Fitbit app and made sure there wasn't a firmware update.

Perhaps also worth noting, the home screen display seems to suggest that my activity is still being tracked.

Any ideas out there? Please help!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Mine started working normally again for a few days then yesterday started malfunctioning once more- Fitbit is sending me a replacement. 😕

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Have you tried restarting yet? By now you should know how, but juat case hold in both the left amd lower right buttons. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Rich_Laue,

Yes I've restarted it a few times, to no avail. I've taken the unit out of the band for external input control's sake and it's now staying on the home screen but resetting itself about once every other minute.
Best Answer
0 Votes

i as well having same problem since 10pm wed jan 25 2017. trying to reset resart sutdown nothing works anymore ......very frustrating. i wear every day/night but its not work to wear it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine started working normally again for a few days then yesterday started malfunctioning once more- Fitbit is sending me a replacement. 😕
Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze is doing the same thing. It started today. I guess I'll contact Fitbit for a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze got stuck on start screen and just kept restarting.  I tried downloading fitbit app to update and also reset the watch, both didn't work.  I then called customer service and they were not able to fix.  Since my watch is over a year old (15 months), they were unwilling to replace and offered me 25% off a new one.  I'll take a hard pass and just buy a cheaper watch that will work longer than a year.  Reading through a lot of forums, this seems to be a common area.  I would really recommend evaluating other products before buying a FitBit. 

Best Answer

Same case.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze is also about six months old now. I have a crack on the left side which seems to be common to this model, and as of yesterday my display stopped working. It syncs to my phone and the green lights still blink on the back; but just no display. I called 'support' for both issues and was offered a 25% discount on another defective product.

I would second the suggestion to investigate alternative products to Fitbit. This is the most expensive watch I have owned, and it didn't even last one year. They didn't even claim that I had damaged it; rather only that the 1 year limited warranty didn't cover these defects and I should purchase the additional protection plan with my next Fitbit purchase.

Best Answer

Help! I love my Blaze , but I have been having difficulty getting the time/ clock to display. I have recharged, cleaned, and manipulated the buttons. Today it became worse when it became stuck on a running exercise and I could not change it. 

Please send advice. I love my Blaze and to this point it had not failed. I use it for everything: life, sleepkickboxing, weight training, everything. 

Please advise!

Thank you! Julie

Best Answer
0 Votes

They don't include the 'smart watches' on that discount either

@DaveBlaze wrote:

My blaze is also about six months old now. I have a crack on the left side which seems to be common to this model, and as of yesterday my display stopped working. It syncs to my phone and the green lights still blink on the back; but just no display. I called 'support' for both issues and was offered a 25% discount on another defective product.

I would second the suggestion to investigate alternative products to Fitbit. This is the most expensive watch I have owned, and it didn't even last one year. They didn't even claim that I had damaged it; rather only that the 1 year limited warranty didn't cover these defects and I should purchase the additional protection plan with my next Fitbit purchase.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank-you very much. That reset fixed my fitbit malfunction.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Terrific!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze was also glitching like crazy for the longest time but once I reset it, it went back to normal. I’m just hoping that it doesn’t have a relapse😂😁

Best Answer
0 Votes