Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze exercise accuracy off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

fitbit blaze is not keeping accurate miliage, it is a mile off than it should be. is that normal or is something wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's great to welcome you @anicole-30. If you are seeing some discrepancy on your miles, I recommend checking and updating your stride length. 

Calculating your stride length

1. Go to a track or some place where you're sure of the distance.
  2. Count your steps as you walk across that distance, making sure you travel at least 20 steps.
  3. Divide the total distance (in feet) taken by the number of steps to get your stride length.
  4. Your running stride can be calculated the same way, only by running a known distance rather than walking.

Changing the default stride length on your Fitbit account

1. To adjust your default stride length in Fitbit, complete these steps:
  2. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard and click the gear icon in the top right.
    Click Settings.

Update the Stride Length and Running Stride Length fields. If these are blank, your account estimates the values based on your height and gender. Don't forget to click Save. The next time you sync your tracker, the changes will take effect.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

It's great to welcome you @anicole-30. If you are seeing some discrepancy on your miles, I recommend checking and updating your stride length. 

Calculating your stride length

1. Go to a track or some place where you're sure of the distance.
  2. Count your steps as you walk across that distance, making sure you travel at least 20 steps.
  3. Divide the total distance (in feet) taken by the number of steps to get your stride length.
  4. Your running stride can be calculated the same way, only by running a known distance rather than walking.

Changing the default stride length on your Fitbit account

1. To adjust your default stride length in Fitbit, complete these steps:
  2. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard and click the gear icon in the top right.
    Click Settings.

Update the Stride Length and Running Stride Length fields. If these are blank, your account estimates the values based on your height and gender. Don't forget to click Save. The next time you sync your tracker, the changes will take effect.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit, Thanks for the link in the post but it is "access denied" for me.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit Great, thanks for the rapid response.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

my blaze is not giving me accurate mileage. I walk a 3.77 mile track everyday, I get more than 10,000 steps almost every day and at the end of a week it tells me I have only walked 7 or 8 miles. That is so wrong and this is so frustrating. I have no idea what to do. I have tried adjusting my stride length and that hasn't helped at all. At my wits end.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @kevamy, please remember that while in a building, tyere is no reliable gps. 

So first step you want to disable the connected gps if your phone is close enough.

Second is without the GPS, your Blaze is unable to measure distance, it however is still able to count steps. Then it takes tye the step count, multiplys this number by your stride. The answers precision will be based on how accurate the user has measured their stride.

Have you set your stride up yet? Without setting up the true stride, your tracker is just taking a wild guess at the distance 

The easy way is to take one of your indoor walks tyat you know the true distance, your step count durring the walk. Now use an online stride calculator. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So an update on my blaze accuracy being off. I found that while running the app has to be running in the background for the iphone in order for the blaze to track accurately. I thought that it would already be running regardless but you need to make sure the app is on in the background and not to close out of the app, if that makes any sense. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I relize steps will never be the same even if walk same about the same the arm swing thing make a difference I sat and swing arm and steps increases

thanks for all suggestions 

thanks for all support 

Best Answer
0 Votes