Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze information is inaccurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So every night it shows that I have been awake and accumulated 2000 step or so. So I add in my sleep manually and it says I was awake for 100% of that time. My resting heart rate is 90 cause I am fat, I bought this to help me and remind me to walk and exercise. So does it see the 90 HR and assume I am working out? I changed the settings so that heart rate zone is higher 140-160 so it wont think that 95 is me exercising. We will see tomorrow night. I also changed the sensitivity to sensitive, maybe it will pick up my sleeping. I slept well, from like 7 pm to 3 am, but it says I was active, not even resting. Also I did the Driving activity ... added it for the time I was sleeping to get rid of the 2000 steps and the activity lists out 1890 steps but it doesn't remove them from my daily total. It still says I have like 2000. How can I remove steps that are in error or prevent them? As a result it says I need 5000 calories daily, well if I did that I would gain weight, I am trying to lose. I bought this to help me get active but I can't use it like this.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

so changing the sensitivity setting didn't work.  same thing, device says i was up all burning calories.  approx 1000 during the night.  adding sleep time in manually doesn't really work as it says 100% of that time was active.  no REM no sleep so it really looks odd. as it show my manual sleep time as the "pink" color which is AWAKE so i am awake while i sleep?  i am wearing it properly, and have read posts on how to wear it.  obviously it is getting my HR during the night so it is on.i dream every night and have multiple dreams, i wake up about 2 twice during the night.

and i walked 988 steps during the night.  adding Driving as an activity does not remove them.  does anyone know how to remove unwanted steps?  maybe i can still use the watch if so.  otherwise this unit is useless to me, and Fitbit i need a refund.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Iksterog and thanks for the information.

It is weird to hear that your Blaze is mixing up all your information. Have you checked your timezone settings? If you haven't, I recommend trying this by doing the following from your Fitbit app:

1. Tap the account icon
  2. Tap Advanced Settings
  3. Check the timezone settings
  4. Fix if needed
  5. Sync

Also, have you tried to restart your tracker? If you haven't, I recommend restarting your Blaze.

Let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you.  i have done that.  the time zone is correct.  i also restarted.  it still thinks i am buring 5k cal.  because it thinks i am stepping and working out all day and night with no sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

are you going to help me anymore?  otherwise can you please refund my money.  still says i am working out all day and night because my HR is 90

Best Answer
0 Votes