Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze interfears with phone GPS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I follow a mapped track for a daily bicycle ride.  I use the Android "My Tracks" app to calculate the time of each ride.  I know the exact distance of each ride (my purpose for My Tracks is to capture time).

However, with the fitbit Blaze on my wrist, my phone GPS under records the distance traveled as follows:

First mile is actually .9 miles

Second Mile is actually .75 miles

Third mile is actually .65 miles

So, while I know I have ridden three miles my fitbit has my phone believing I have ridden 3.7 miles.

I've removed the fitbit and everything is recorded correctly.  In addition I've done the following:

• reloaded the My Tracks app
  • Used different phones (all Android and all Samsung)
  • Used GPS Fix in the middle of the ride to insure the phone GPS is correct

The fitbit was a gift from a relative and not wearing it or "losing" it is not really an option. 

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@yodaspeaks is the data posted as bove from the Fitbit app, or from MyTracts.

Was the Blaze multisport mode manually started and connected to the pgones GPS.

I still find it amazing that some users say that gaving two  or more apps concurrently talking to the GPS without some type of interference. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for responding.  To answer your question, I've never done anything with the Blaze other than the original setup.  We've pretty much settled on leaving the Blaze in the box and trying to remember to put it on when the person who gave it to me stops in for a visit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok your asking something about the Blaze or my trsxks and yhe accuracy, but haven't said if it is the Blaze or My trackes that are inaccurate. Now you say the Blaze is not being used.

I'mnot sure what your asking.

Best Answer
0 Votes