Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze is tracking steps while driving

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have noticed that my Blaze is recording steps, while I'm driving my golf cart. Even when I'm a passenger and have kept my body perfectly still, it has recorded steps. Why is that? This would obviously give me a false number to my daily steps.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hey @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Community.

Fitbit has worked hard to make sure that our devices do not pick up false steps or activity recordings while driving. Unless you're driving in a car with a very stiff transmission or on bumpy roads, your device should not give you any false readings. 

If your device does record false activity, you can learn how to delete the data by following the instructions provide in the help article How do I edit or delete Fitbit data and activities?.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner!

I use DriveBit to avoid counting steps while I'm driving.

It has a button to push when you start/stop driving. After you hit stop, it posts a "driving" activity to the FitBit servers with a start time and a stop time.

This negates the false steps counted while driving.
Although, it is more useful for drives on the longer side.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Many thanks for the info…though I haven’t had an issue driving in a car…just driving a golf cart on the course! I still have some steps (walking to a from the cart) so wouldn’t want to wipe out all the info during that 4 hour period.

Dee
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve done this both on my app and logging onto Fitbit.com. The steps are still there. I’ve received this Fitbit after my mom has trouble using it, she has trouble with anything electronic. It says I have accumulated over 4000 steps yet I’ve only had it one day and didn’t go anywhere. 

Best Answer
0 Votes