Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze missing text notifications - Samsung S8

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Everything had been working fine for a year or so, then a few weeks ago text messages stopped coming through.   Email, calendar, apps and call notifications appear to be working but for some reason text messages from Google messages has stopped.   Any ideas?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I was able to get it to work by downgrading to v2.95 and turning off automatic updates.  Fitbit has a bug in the latest app that needs to be addressed.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @TMAN19, it's good to see you around in the forums. Sorry for the late reply. 

Thank you for sharing what you've been experiencing with your Blaze not receiving notifications. I was able to confirm that the Samsung S8 is indeed listed here as a compatible device with the Fitbit app and you should receive notifications.  

Before considering other options, please make sure to check all the necessary requirements and if you already tried all the steps listed here to resolve problems with notifications. 

Please keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Done all that.  Notifications work fine except Google Messages.  Everything was fine until recently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply @TMAN19 and for confirming that you already tried the suggested steps. 

As an alternative, please try to disable the notifications and set them up again following these steps. This has been useful for other users experiencing something similar. 

Please keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TMAN19 If you want to get it working again, download version 2.95 of the Fitbit app and install it. I can't tell you where to get it because the forums won't let us list any of the sites through links or even the domain names but it you google "fitbit app version 2.95 download" you should be able to find it. The location I downloaded it from has up-to-down in the address but without the dashes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to get it to work by downgrading to v2.95 and turning off automatic updates.  Fitbit has a bug in the latest app that needs to be addressed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing this information @SunsetRunner. 

It's good to know that your notifications are working now @TMAN19, thank you for the update and for the feedback about the Fitbit app as well.  

Best Answer
0 Votes