Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not accurately counting steps. Way under counting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My blaze is 45 days old and it is not counting accurately.  It is off by about 20 to 30 steps per 100.  That is a lot.  I have tried everything suggested by costumer service to no avail.  They are willing to replace it, but with another Blaze.  Customer service claims that it is not an issue that is prevalent, but based on what I can find on their own forum it is very prevalent.  I am unhappy that I upgraded to a Blaze only to be told that I am basically stuck with it, or can purchase a different model at a discount.  They also claimed it had not been discontinued, yet it seems that it has been as it is no longer available for purchase.  I am bothered that Fitbit will not make this right for the millions of people who purchased a Blaze only to find it is not accurate.  So for every 10000 steps I log I am actually walking around 12000.  Really poor costumer service on the part of Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

You’re exactly right about step count being way off. I walk the same loop in my neighborhood every day and have never gotten the same step count. On loop has been as low **ahem** 500 steps and as high as 1000 for the same distance. Yesterday I walked four loops for just shy of 4000 steps. Today I walked five loops for a total of 3400.  I have been told all kind of reasons (excuses) but none have corrected the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You’re exactly right about step count being way off. I walk the same loop in my neighborhood every day and have never gotten the same step count. One loop has been as low as 500 steps and as high as 1000 for the same distance. Yesterday I walked four loops for just shy of 4000 steps. Today I walked five loops for a total of 3400.  I have been told all kind of reasons (excuses) but none have corrected the problem. 

Best Answer

Update, new blaze sent and been used for the last 2 days.  It is worse than the other one.  I walked 50 steps while watching the watch and it tracked ZERO of the steps.  Been on the phone with customer service for over an hour and was told that we need to give it another day.  What? Why?  I am super frustrated with this whole process.  I am still on hold, have asked to be sent to someone located in the USA as I am having great difficulty understanding what is being said by the rep.  She even emailed me the instructions, as I could not comprehend what she was saying.  I know it is not her fault, but at what point is the customer taken seriously by FitBit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there Sis! My blaze has turned into a big ol pile of flaming **ahem**! The watch HAS been discontinued and they know that this thing was defective from day one. They will not fix mine that will no longer connect to mine or any other phone and since the only way to use the **ahem** is to have it connected to a phone I basically gave this lying company 200 dollars for a plastic bracelet! I have been in contact with customer service and was told that if there is an issue it is my fault and that there is nothing they will do about it.

Moderator edit: Word Choice

Best Answer

Haha, I just sent mine back for a refund.  They however will not refund the taxes paid.  I have no idea why they will not admit this is an issue.  It is very frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes