Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've just bought a new Blaze and, would you believe it, it just won't charge. I've connected it to the desktop USB port (I've tried more than 1) and it just shows fitbit.com/setup, the blue and white diamond shape and then the screen goes blank..

I've read many other posts re this situation and, come on fitbit - this is a problem that needs a resolution.

I'm 65 years old, not too computer literate,and I know that my battery is inserted the right way around in the charger, my computer makes a nice dingly sound when something new is attached so I know its connected to the PC.

So come on fitbit, tell me what to do, I've paid lots of £ for this hardware and at the moment it looks like money down the drain. Please don't say to do anything with apps or install, or add device, as I know not what you are talking about, I need simple instructions that a dummy can follow (yep, that's me).

Like many others I'm part way through setup and the system says battery needs to be charged.

To summarise, its not the best introduction to your products and after reading lots of other user comments, I wonder whether what I have bought is fit for purpose.

So let's work togther to crack this, either provide me with a resolution to this problem, or send me a new one or give me my money back.

Regards

Steve 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

To the original poster,

I have just worked out that until you setup your band it doesn't show you the charging icon on your blaze. so aslong as you are hearing the windows sound every time you slide it into the charger you should be fine. I eventually updated it via the fitbit app on windows 10. Now I see the charging icon, though not very helpul if you have to charge your blaze before you can update it..possibly fitbit could do something to help new users outr with this possible issue on setup.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Did you try pluggung it into a wall charger with a USB port?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same thing, just got in with my new blaze and exactly the same situation as the Original poster. Have tried multiple USBs on my PC, my USB connector on my phone and apple chargers and nothing, still the setup message and nothing else.

What a waste of money.Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer

To the original poster,

I have just worked out that until you setup your band it doesn't show you the charging icon on your blaze. so aslong as you are hearing the windows sound every time you slide it into the charger you should be fine. I eventually updated it via the fitbit app on windows 10. Now I see the charging icon, though not very helpul if you have to charge your blaze before you can update it..possibly fitbit could do something to help new users outr with this possible issue on setup.

Best Answer

I have bought a new Blaze from Currys PC World and it doesn't do anything. It just come up with the diamond shape and fitbit.com/setup.. I thought it be a better thing that my Microsoft Band 2. Even that packed up. Just wondering if anyone had any problems with the same issue. I'm takeing it back to the said shop and replace it, or get an apple watch or something else

Best Answer

Disregard that last post, just got it working, set up on my Window Phone and Lapto, all good so far

Best Answer
0 Votes

i just purchased one ive got it plugged in but mine keeps saying the battery is too low to do the update, after spending so much for an item it is infuriating 

Best Answer

I'm having difficulty charging my Fitbit too!  It's inserted properly, and properly connected in USB port (I've tried on BOTH of my computers multiple times). When I first bought it, it charged without any difficulties and now I am encountering one problem after another.  Not worth all of the money I paid for this.  I think I got a dud!

Best Answer

I had that last night, but as long as you hear the windows chime when you plug in the USB charger you should be ok.. after a while I could finally update mine and then finish setup, after that I had the battery charge icon on my blaze...

hopefully fitbit will do something about this as you shouldn't need to have to google issues or visit support forums before you have even setup your new device...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitmomma, are the contacts clean, think it said something about that as I was going through setup..

Not too keen on how this tracker charges, previously I had the Microsoft band 2 which I loved, but issues with the straps continuously splitting I have had to move onto a Fitbit...my feelings are mixed on this tracker so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I raised the initial query and very many thanks to all those who responded.

I will re-iterate the solution for those who may have missed it - this worked for me.

During the setup phase the setup software says the phone doesn't have enough charge, and when i tried to charge it, nothing happened . After your responses, I charged in on the PC USB for a couple of hours and then charged it for a couple of hours via an electricity socket. Neither of these showed the battery icon on the screen, just the usual fitbit.com/setup.

I then restarted the inialisation proceure and it all worked well - much to my amazement, yey, I've soved it. 

Back in my youth (many decades ago), when I bought an item we had a great big user manual to read and understand, so my next task is to find the online manual. Still I suppose it saves a zillion tonnes of print!

Once again, thanks for all your help guys.

CefnSidanwalker (check out cefn sidan - a 7 mile beach) 

Best Answer

i am also facing the same problem and today i am returning this device and decide not to buy any fitbit product

Best Answer

Hey there @vijay_1972. Good to see you in the Fitbit Community!

I'm sorry you're having problems with your Blaze not charging.

Have you tried different USB ports or trying to charge it using a wall adapter? Also, I can recommend restarting your tracker. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

Try that out and let me know if you're still having problems with your tracker.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also unless the tracker has been setup, the only sign you will receive of it charging is a slight vibration while plugging it in. The display will not have any indication of it charging. 

Best Answer

I've tried reseting mine it wont charge and I've also plugged it into muliple points

Best Answer
It's been ok 👌 for a long time now and charges everytime, just had to do a reset after I had it for day or so

Sent from my Windows 10 phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wondering if you ever got your problem fixed??? Mine has worked great until the last month. I've needed to charge it more frequently and now it's completely dead and will not charge. A lot of money for something that only worked for 5 months.

Best Answer

Thank you for this solution! I was afraid that mine was done for! However, I just tried your solution and it is now charging! Thank you again!

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are fine! Woman Happy

I would like to know if you keep having issues charging your trackers? If you do, I recommend following @FerdinandFitbit's instructions. You can also take a look at this post and follow the instructions provided there.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I post in this forum?

Best Answer
0 Votes