Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Anyone know how to fix this! My Blazero is not charging
Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11
Has your Blaze been setup yet, if it still says fitbit.com/setup there will not be any sign of it charging, but it will be.
For help in charging let's go to the help documents and http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1190/

Best Answer
Yes it has I have had it for 3 months. Never had an issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bpetschel welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here. If you are having issues charging, try a different USB port or UL-certified wall charger. Do not use a USB hub, also try cleaning the charging contacts on the back of your Fitbit Blaze. Over time the contacts can accumulate dirt and debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this can damage the plating and result in corrosion. If after this your Blaze is not charging, reach out to our support team so they can assist you, let them know with details the troubleshoot you have performed to save some time. 🙂 @Rich_Laue thanks for your amazing cooperation! 

Let me know how it goes! 😉 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought my fitbit and it is not charging at all, I want to install an update and it still says that the battery is too low, it has been like two hours now and it is still saying that the battery is low, also my computer makes sounds as the fitbit would be connecting and disconnecting all the time. I don't know how the charger should be but it look that is quite loose. I don't know if that is the problem...

Best Answer

Hello @NataliaZ89 welcome to the Fitbit Community! If the Blaze is not set up to an account it will show only the set up screen. To better understand your issue I would like to ask some questions. 

Is the Blaze set up to your account? If it is,  once you close the charging cradle it will display a large battery icon for a few seconds and then it will go to the main screen where you can confirm the tracker is charging by looking at the small battery icon on the upper side of the screen. If the battery is not charging please try the battery troubleshoot provided on my post above.  If your Blaze is not set up to your account my suggestion is to try the troubleshoot listed here

If after this your Blaze is not charging please contact our support team for assistance, they will be happy to help! 😉 

Let me know how it goes! Woman Very Happy

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

the key @NataliaZ89 is that as long as the setup message appears their will not be any battery indicator, 20 minutes to a half hour of charge is enough. 

Try the setup again, the Fitbit account all ready knows which tracker and it should start the update.. If the battery is still low it will let you know, otherwise it should start updating. 

Now during the update move the app to the background.. Otherwise when the display turns off the update fails. 

Best Answer

over reacted

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kalersd, there is not much info to go on, and it is very unlikely that it is the same

Best Answer
I fixed the issue, my computer didn't recognize the device, that's why it
wasn't charging at the beginning. I tried charging it in a Mac and it
worked! Now it's working perfectly.
Hope it helps
Best Answer

I think the problem is that it took 2 -3 hours to get enough charge to run any updates/setup for the first time vs the 20min-1hr that was listed in the booklet the device came with and online help guide. before it ran the setup there was no way to tell if it was charging and when I liked it to the app to set it up, it just constantly showed the battery was empty and again had no indication it was charging. I would recommend a courtesy charge or a way to tell if it's actually charging so it doesn't seem broken right out of the box. At very least update the literature to indicate it can take HOURS before it has even enough charge to do the initial setup.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @NataliaZ89 and @kalersd a warm welcome to the Community.

@NataliaZ89 I am glad to hear that your tracker is now charging, if you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it. Now @kalersd, it takes 1-2 hours to fully charge a Blaze. If you are having difficulties charging it, I recommend taking a look at this post and follow the instructions provided there. 

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes