Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze - not getting notifications with S8 active

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Help?? I have tried everything - cannot get my notifications with the S8 active.

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

I have a s8 and just got the blaze and I'm not getting notifications either...i have done every possible tip on the fitbit sites

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here with new S8 +. No notifications at all. Have tried everything suggested. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont have the S8 active but i do have the S8  And also had this issue up till a few days ago, I now get notifications on my Blaze from my Samsung S 8  still have battery drain on blaze.. have to recharge Blaze a lot more often now. Im not entirely sure what i did differently from previous attempts to get the notifications to finally work but I can tell you what i did do a few times before it started finally worked with my Samsung S8... I updated the fitbit app , I also uninstalled the Fitbit app a few of times. I would then pair Bluetooth on Ph to FitBit Blaze  (did this a few times too ) Make sure you pair ph. with Blaze Classic not just blaze. When blaze classic is paired with Phone  a pop up mgs should appear to approve notifications access ect.. if it doesn't then try going into your Samsung S8 settings..then go into lock screen and security... then scroll down check that notifications is On ...then scroll further down go into Other security settings... open and then scroll down to notifications access and slide the Fitbit notifications services to On. and then finally I started receiving  notifications on My Blaze..not immediately though which was strange.. however all good now and enjoying the blaze again.. but I did nearly gave up a few times though. Hope this helps and most of all works for you too.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

What should the setting be for "Enable Notification Widget" ? On or Off?

Best Answer
0 Votes

On... and I've tried everything else mentioned.  Ugh so frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried everything with no success. Just upgraded my phone from LG G4 to S8 and now my Blaze is useless. Worked great with LG. Frustrating. I guarantee Samsung won't fix this issue as they push their Gear watches, so the only hope we've got is Fitbit to fix it.

I'll wait a couple of weeks and if no solution is delivered, I'm done with fitbit for good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the gear fit and gear 2 and hated both.   Love my s8 and my blaze so hopefully someone will fix the issue

Best Answer
0 Votes
On the s8.. i was getting close to giving up on blaze too but after
updating app and the last samsung update i re tried everything that i
already posted again , I shutdown and restarted ph etc repeated everything
a few times and then eventually it started working.. I kept getting advice
to do all the troubleshooting things that fitbit advices etc too so not
really sure which part of everything i did got it to work maybe all of it..
took some patience though but it does sync now to ph and i receive
notifications etc. Hope u get it working i know how frustrating this. Good
luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

In the  phone notifications settings I have the fitbit notifications widget ON  🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine!

First of all, thanks for troubleshooting this issue by yourselves. As you know, there are some issues regarding the connecting between the trackers and the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. Our team is hard working in finding a solution for it, your patience will be much appreciated. 

In the meantime, you can take a look at the My Tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android App) post and follow the instructions provided there.

I hope this helps, catch you later. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received an Android update for my S8+ yesterday and today I am starting to get notifications.  It's to early in the day to tell if the battery life on the fitbit has improved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

At least I know it's not just me and no my blaze.  I've done everything listed in that link to no avail.   I guess I just have to be patient.  Please be sure to keep us all notified once it's fixed.   Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

What build are you on now?  Last update was just a month ago.  Mines showing up to date.   If your build is higher than there is still hope. 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It shows my build number as NRDM90M.G955ISQS1AQF7

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok mine's different.   Hopefully I'll get another update soon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it working. Not sure what made the difference, but I re-installed the android app, added Blaze and after about a day, the notifications started coming in. I think a few other people experienced the same thing. My suggestion is to do the same, leave it for about a day or two and it might just work.

My current app settings are:

All-day Sync: ON

Always connected: ON

Enable notification widget: OFF

Require encryption: OFF

GL

Best Answer

So yesterday I received all my notifications on my fitbit.  The battery life seems a little better.  It was fully charged yesterday morning and this morning it was about 70%.  I can live with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow... wish I could get that lucky

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try this, if your not able to connect your blaze to your S8: , if you go into blaze's settings, then go to bluetooth classic and set it to "pair".  Then go to your S8 and search for it.  You should find blaze classic.    That will pair.   Once that is paired,  the regular blaze will pair on its own. (i left mine overnight, making sure i kept my phone near me)  It was paired and working by the next morning.  ~Vote if this helped!

Best Answer
0 Votes