Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not holding charge.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The blaze advertises a 5 day battery. When I orginially got it, it would last 2-3, which I thought was no big deal because I played with it alot. However, the last week or so my battery seems to be draining. Yesterday I let it fully charged and have made it a point to not play with it excessively since it was charged. It has been about 20 hours and I have < 1/4th battery remaining. Is there something going on in the background that is just draining my battery? I didnt pay this much to charge my watch daily and I can't find why the battery won't last.

Best Answer
344 REPLIES 344

Hello everyone.

I am sorry to hear about the battery issues you all are experiencing with your trackers. If you have already tried the instructions provide in this post and keep having battery issues, I suggest getting in touch directly with our support team. For a faster response you can contact them via chat.

Catch you later. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried your suggestion and the chat was no help. They keep telling me to sync it to another device, First I do not have another device. Second it defeats the purpose of getting the Blaze so I can see my phone call and messages/ Which by the way never syncs and I get my messages maybe one a week and phone calls 1 out of 20 calls. You can see on my account that it charges and dies in 24-48 hours. It has been 6 months since my first post and I had it for 3 months when it started. April, from the chat, says they are working on it but 6 months of working on it doesn't seem right. Help

Thank you

Joe Vogt
Best Answer

Haven't noticed?  Did you read through this thread?  Seems like a pretty good example of selective learning.

Best Answer

i would suggest calling fitbit "support" immediately...all the chat is doing is tic-tic-ticking your warranty away...escalate to a manager and raise Hell!!

You should be able to receive a new one within warranty.  Downside:  now you have another 

new faulty Fitbit product as THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING TO FIX THE PROBLEM WITH THE BATTERY---IT IS NEGLIGENCE!!....fyi you don't get a new warranty with the new fitbit so beware when it goes bad, as it WILL go bad.

I don't even think AlejandraFitbit is a real person--stock photo!...the same cookie cutter answer for every complaint.  At some point Fitbit will be out of business or fix this issue.

GOOD LUCK

Best Answer

Thanks for your participation in the Community @jetfan214@mfley and @tbird0013.

Upon checking with our support team, I was told that you have already created cases with them. I know that they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Catch you later. Woman Very Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
My first Blaze slowly held less and less of a charge after about 6 months.
I tried their suggestions, including turning off notifications (so why have
that feature?) but nothing helped. Eventually they sent me a replacement -
possibly a refurb. That one has been fine as far as holding a charge - I
can get about 2-3 days out of it, maybe more, but I don't turn on
notifications, so...
However, lately there have been a lot of issues with syncing to the app and
from the app to the Fitbit Dashboard. They will come up with a fix and then
after a bit update the app and then there will be another issue. Makes me
not want to buy another Fitbit device.
Good luck.

--
The advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting
discoveries. - A.A. Milne
Best Answer

Yes I did.  The answer to me was to sync it to another device.  Which does not help when 1. I do not have another device and 2. The point of upgrading to this was so I would get the notification of my messages and calls.  Seems like a stupid solution.  They also said they were aware of the issue and working to resolve it.  Which they told me 6 months ago.

Best Answer

I'm sorry, but there was no solution provided. They said that because the fitbit was already replaced once they'd offer me free shipping on a new fitbit. That's hardly a solution. Not your fault, I know, but the fitbit customer service sometimes feels lacking.

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer

I appreciate you getting back to us @mfley@jetfan214 and @GuyGene.

Thanks for the feedback provided about the battery issue you were experiencing, if you haven't checked our warranty policy, you can click here to see it.

Now @GuyGene about the syncing problem you are having, I recommend taking a look at the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and follow the instructions provide there.

see you around. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is not holding a charge and never has more than a couple day, now less than 24. It is my alarm because the vibraction in the alarm is less invassive than my ph. It is dead middle of night unless i put it on the charger before bed. Frustrating. It is not syncing well either. It was an expensive investment to last such a short time. . Seems it would have been made to easily replace the rechargeable battery as they do not last forever.

Best Answer

I think I have found the solution to this problem.

Go to settings on your blaze, not on the computer.

Invoke a shutdown/restart on the blaze watch itself.

Then recharge your blaze.

I believe when not restarted this way for a long time, the watch runs algorithms internally in a LOOP and use up the battery really fast.

Best Answer

That was the solution!  Awesome suggestion!  I literally stopped using the watch until I read your post.  It is now keeping a charge for 4-5 days.  Prior to reading your post it would keep a charge for 14 hours. 

Thank you!!

Best Answer

Same here!

@Bogu wrote:

That was the solution!  Awesome suggestion!  I literally stopped using the watch until I read your post.  It is now keeping a charge for 4-5 days.  Prior to reading your post it would keep a charge for 14 hours. 

Thank you!!

Best Answer
I tried the same supposed fix many times and it did not work for me.
Best Answer

There are 2 ways to reboot your blaze:

1. on your blaze watch, go to settings and shutdown the watch.

2. press down the lower right button and the left button simultaneously, and hold until the watch will restart by showing the fitbit icon. Holding the button takes a few seconds, be patient. Wait for the fitbit logo to show up, meaning reboot.

3. Do a reboot before charging your blaze.

Best Answer

Well unfortunately I am having the same problem. Charge overnight and it lasts about 30 hours. Have turned everything off and it makes no difference. I've had since last Christmas and am not a happy camper my daughter got me this for Christmas and paid too much in my humble opinion. Has anyone had any luck fixing this problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Your Fitbit is better than mine which last about five hours. I have given up.
Best Answer
Good luck with all that. Which should not be necessary if Fitbit had its
s**t together. I have finally given up on my Blaze after it held less and
less of a charge. This is my second Blaze. The first lasted 5 months. This
one, a replacement from Fitbit customer service, actually lasted almost 2.5
years. I don't think they're going to make that offer again. Also,
considering all the app issues in the past 4 months I don't think I'll be
risking my money on another Fitbit device.
When it was good (working as it should), it was good.
Best Answer

I loved my FitBit - WHEN it worked.  The sad part is that when the battery could no longer hold a charge I got a lot of BS solutions that didn't work.   They dont seem to care that people spend $100's of dollars on their product and they simply blame your phone or offer a discount if you spend more cash.

Horrible customer experiences will be the end of FitBit.

My new watch works great, but if I post its name the will delete my post - AGAIN

Censorship at it's best.

My cell phone company makes a watch that is out of this world, the best in the entire galaxy as far as I'm concerned.   And it's on sale for another 3 weeks.   Only 46mm too!

Best Answer

I love my Blaze and use it every day.  But now over the past 3 days, it won't hold a charge for more than 3 hours.  I noticed it was dead on Friday after charging it on Wednesday.  Then after overnight charges, it would be dead again during the days on Saturday and Sunday, including multiple dead batteries and charges during the days on Saturday and Sunday.  It is now Monday and I tried the reset and the other recommendations, but nothing is working.  I have a Blaze version 17.8.40.2.  I tried the shutdown from the watch with a recharge afterwards, but then the Blaze just died after 3 hours.  My guess is since this is not a gradual battery degradation and a sudden loss of life that there was a bad firmware push.  Since the iOS App version was updated to version 2.94 a week ago, I'm thinking it is tied in with that.  Fitbit - PLEASE HELP!!!  

Best Answer