Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not receiving text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just set up my Fitbit Blaze and synced it with my Google Pixel 2. I am able to get all of the notifications I want except for the SMS text notifications.

I have been looking at a lot of forums trying to troubleshoot but I can't find the answer. All of the settings seem to be right and I do get notifications from my text messaging app when someone send me a MMS (photo or video) or when a text fails to send.

Therefore, I know that it is synced properly since I am getting some notifications from the app as well as, all of the other notifications. I am very confused please help.

Thanks,

Corbin

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Hey @corbincummings3, welcome to the Community.

Thanks for troubleshooting this notifications issue. If this feature isn't' working, I recommend taking a look at the help article: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and follow the instructions provided there.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@corbincummings3, I am assuming you never got this working. Don't waste your time with the moderators since all they ever do is give suggestions to read this, and try that, but none are willing to admit that the feature has been broken since the 3.0 version of the app, and has yet to be fixed. They just released 3.3, and it's still broken.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well that sucks to know. Once again no support for old devices. That aren't that old! What the heck are we supposed to do? 

Best Answer

I suppose we wait. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Install version 2.95 and disable auto updates.

Best Answer

How would I do that ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded it from a p k mirror (common site for backups of old app versions)

1: sync your device, unpair it and remove it from your account, remove the app from your phone. (If you don't do this, the older version of your app might have difficulty talking to your Fitbit. Mine couldn't sync until I removed it and re-added it)

2: install the downloaded a p k (Android 9 has unknown sources per app, older versions it's a toggle in settings (allow installing apps from unknown sources)

Once installed, log in and set everything back up.

Also, find the app on Google play, and uncheck the "enable auto update" which will keep the broken version from installing

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just did, and it works again! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried it but somehow got 3.3 again! Can you post a link to the actual download for 2.95?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Downloaded set it all back up. Still not getting texts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Double check that your fitbit app setting for text notifications is google messages or whatever you sms app is.   I had same problem and it had reverted to the samsung messages app that i do not use.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I actually do use the Samsung messaging. Which should make it easier.
Doesn't though.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, thanks for your participation in the Community.

I am sorry for the delay in respond and appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this notifications issue. Thanks for the input @TMAN19.

@unallocated and @corbincummings3, it's great to hear that your Blaze are now working. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

@SunriseJogger02, have you checked if your phone is a compatible device? If you haven't, I recommend checking this by taking a look at the article: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?.

Keep me posted. Smiley Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit, while we certainly appreciate your response, letting us know that at least someone cares about this issue, the fact remains that this is still an issue. Us having to fix it on our own is a bit unacceptable, and for it to still exist after 4 iterations of the app is a bit ridiculous. I don't know who is prioritizing bugs over in your dev department, but this one seems like it's not getting the attention it deserves. At the very least, it is Fitbit who should have made 2.95 available to us rather than us having to go to a mirror to download and install ourselves.

Please forgive my tone, as it is not you who is deserving of our frustration. However, I want this to move it's way up the ladder so (hopefully) someone in charge is made aware of what a huge failure this is. Again, thank you for coming in here, especially risking abuse from a lot of frustrated users. I know I appreciate it. Cute dog. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did everything but I can't go back to an old version.  Need more help. Still cant received messages

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @unallocated and @Tabratti, I hope you are doing fine.

I understand how are you feeling and sorry for the slow reply. I would like to know if you have checked if your Fitbit app is updated? If you haven't, I recommend checking this by following the instructions provided in the help article: How do I update the app to the latest version?.

Keep me posted. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes