Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Msgs only show Sender's name (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/12/19

Hey all!

We're still investigating and working on a fix for this text notification issue on Android. 

In addition to not receiving the correct text notification, we're now aware this is also affecting call notifications. Some of you may only see a previous caller's name and not the person actually calling you at the time you're receiving the notification. 

When we have more information for a fix, we'll announce it here in this thread. Please stay tuned for updates! 

Fitbit Update: 7/30/19

Hi everyone.

We're aware of these issues with receiving only the sender's name from your text messages. This appears to have started with the Fitbit for Android app version 3.0. If you're experiencing this yourself with your Fitbit device, please know we're working on a fix. 

While our team investigates this further, we just ask for your patience. Once I have information for a fix, I'll make an announcement here on this thread. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
795 REPLIES 795
How do you find the 2.9version please 
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Go on google and type fitbit version 2.9 and download 

After deleting your present version 

Also when done stop auto update 

Mine is back as it was ......at last

Best Answer
0 Votes
Any new information on how long till we can view our text notification, I chose the charge,2 because of this feature. Now it is not fit for purpose.
Best Answer

Revert to version 2.9 from google 

Download and stop auto update its sorted mine 

It's very frustrating I know 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't find a download in this file 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is it ok now then 
Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you do it I tried but could find the download 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's extremely sad that Fitbit hasn't fixed the issue yet. I don't want to be stuck with an old version, I want them to fix it!!!

Best Answer

I tried but thetesno download icon

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on page 17 but there's no fitbit dow load there 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I went back to the old versions and it worked fine. But then I saw there was an update a few days ago, so I figured there was no possible way that that update would not have fixed it, since this has been going on for like 2 months. This, I thought, was surely the update that would fix it. So I went ahead and updated.

I bet you can guess what the result was..

Best Answer
Oh no!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally caved in and downgraded too.  It is so nice to be receiving text messages again!  It's crazy that an older version works great but they can't get the newest one to work right.

I did use the a p k site mentioned on this thread.  The download is there but the site is difficult to navigate.

Best Answer

Any update on this since the pinned post from 7/31/19?  Charge 2, GS9+.

I did see something at one point about a new UI that I could choose but I declined to get the new look at that time.  Dunno if that has anything to do with it or not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with my Pixel2XL. Happened after the must recent update that happened last week. How it gets fixed quickly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. 

Thank you for the thorough feedback devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

We really appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting this issue and sharing the solutions and helpful tips to help other users.

As mentioned, we’re aware of this issue and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We will not be able to provide you with an estimated time frame for the fix to be applied.

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to improve your experience. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit Your weekly "update" is not helpful. You fail to respond to a direct request which is to make an official copy of 2.95 available to your customers. You reference "working to improve our experience"; what we are asking you to do is undo the error you made which downgraded our experience. You seem to fail to realize

- you are not doing us a favor or a service;

- we are your customer,

- we are dissatisfied

- you have it within your power "improve our experience" temporarily while you come up with a permanent solution by backing out your updates and reverting to 2.95 as the official version

You have it within your power and it would be a smart gesture towards repairing what is quickly becoming a PR nightmare for Fitbit as news of your handling of this situation spreads through reviews in social media. At this point your insistence on staying with a broken version of your software is either incompetence, arrogance or both.

Best Answer
I could not agree more. I think you spoke wise words for (nearly) al of us.

Fitbit is not aware that there is a strong competition and they are pushing
their long-time customers towards these competitors.
Best Answer
THIS! 👏👏👏
It's very frustrating when they ignore questions and refuse to give a reason as to why they won't roll back to the old version until there's a fix. And I don't think I've ever had any "fix" take anywhere near this long for an app. This issue coupled with suddenly diminished battery life after the latest firmware update has me considering moving to a different company for my fitness tracking needs. 

Best Answer

And this is not some free app like Candy Crush; it is part of a product we all paid for and controls some of that product's functionality. 

Best Answer