Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not receiving text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze is not receiving text notifications from Pixel 3xl. It is synced and receives email and phone notifications. I've reinstalled app and restarted Blaze. What am I missing? It's driving me nuts?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

Hi @Bike.ski, it's good to see you around in the forums for the first time.  Sorry for the late reply. 

Thank you for sharing this information about what you've been experiencing with the text notifications on your Blaze. I was able to confirm the model Pixel 3XL is indeed listed as a compatible device, and you should be able to receive text notifications without any problem. 

Before considering other options, could you please confirm if you already tried all the steps listed in this article, they have been useful to other users experiencing something similar. 

Please keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I have tried all those steps,
multiple times, without success. It’s seems strange that I can receive
call notification, Facebook messenger notifications, and email
notifications, but not regular text notifications. It originally worked
when I first got my pixel 3 a few months ago, but stopped following a
Fitbit app update.

Thanks for your help!
Best Answer

I have been having the same issue with my Blaze on a Google Pixel XL. It did work prior to this update. I can receive any other notifications besides text messages. I thought it was my messaging app, but this confirms it is an issue for others after the recent update. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. I can receive delivery receipts in text but no new text messages come through at all since the last update. I followed all the same steps and mine is still not working. Its very frustrating. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue on the Samsung S8

Best Answer

My Blaze won't show notifications from Pixel 3A, a common problem, continually told phone not supported, when will it be? been looking at Garmin product now as Fitbit won't resolve.

Best Answer

My Blaze also stopped receiving notifications.  It first stopped showing the content of text messages,  now I get nothing. Some other app notifications were coming through now they have all stopped. I have done all of the rebooting,  etc for a few days now. I'm running version 3.2 and have an Android Galaxy S10.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, sorry for the late reply. 

Hello @Bike.ski, and welcome to the forums @SunsetRunner @Hectower.  If you haven't done so already, you can also try to disable the notifications completely, and then set them up again following these steps

It's good to see you around for the first time @Acoop1168, could you please confirm which is the mobile device that you're using to sync your data and set up notifications? 

Welcome to the Community as well @SunsetRunner @Rasfit. I was able to confirm these phone models are not currently listed here as compatible devices. 

If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch, however, we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility.

However, some users have been able to sync after following the steps listed in this article: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am using a Samsung J7 with Android 9.

It has always worked before the July 31st update. I did the new August update yesterday and it still is not working for texts. I can receive all other notifications from the other apps I have showing on my fitbit blaze: email, Facebook, snapchat, Instagram and text delivery receipts.

I have disabled and unpaired the device and uninstalled and reinstalled the newest update. Setup the notifcations again and still not working other than those mentioned above.

Thanks!!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

I'm having the same issues and I have a Galaxy S9

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply @Acoop1168, and for sharing this information about the model you've been using to sync your data. As mentioned by other users in the forums, it is possible that your device will sync even if it's not yet listed as compatible. However, it can't be guaranteed that it will always work properly if it's not been included.  Some users have also been able to receive notifications following the steps in this article

Thank you for this information @monique7, I was able to confirm the model Samsung Galaxy S9 is indeed listed as a compatible device, so you should be able to receive notifications. Could you please confirm if you've tried these troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier?  

Please keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: now I am getting most notifications and calls. Still no text messages, and one news outlet still doesn't come through. All of these came through prior to the 3.2 update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I am having the same issue with my Fitbit blaze and galaxy s9. For me it started 1 to 2 months ago. I was originally unable to receive call notifications with names or numbers of the callers too, but when I opened the app it asked for contacts permission and it has worked fine since then. The text message notifications remain a problem. I have tried ALL of the suggestions on the links you have suggested (rebooting both phone and tracker, turning bluetooth on and off, and even removing and re-adding the tracker but nothing has worked. All other notifications work, it is only the message notifications that do not work

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried turning notification off/on, restarting phone and blaze,
deleting/reinstalling app on phone, along with searching through every
setting in my phone. I can’t figure it out. I can get Facebook messenger
notifications but not regular text messages, which are the main ones I want
to get. It’s so frustrating!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have turned off notifications. Shut everything down.  Deleted and reinstalled the Fitbit app.  Yet still it won’t receive text notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems like an issue that's not getting resolved. I'm looking into different options now. The Blaze is out of date and put on the back burner. Who knows how long (if ever) this text message mess will get fixed.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with the blaze and Samsung s8. I've been through all the steps too. I've noticed that the app has had a facelift, not sure if that has anything to do with it? Fitbit any news yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is another very long thread going on with the same issue. We (the consumers) have determined the issue is most definitely with the Fitbit app itself. If you do a Google search for fitbit app version 2.95 you will find instructions on how to revert the app back to a previous version and everything will start working fine again. Nothing since the version 3.0 release of the app has worked. I would post a link on where I downloaded the older app version but the forum won't let me (the link has the words up-to-down without the dashes). Please note that you will have to tell your phone it is OK to install apps from an unknown source which involves some risk and then deactivate that option after you have installed the older version. You will also have to turn off automatic updates for the Fitbit app in the Google Play app store.

For me personally, I don't think they are going to fix the issue. It has been going on since version 3.0 was released on July 2, there has been 3 additional app releases since then, and the blaze is an end of life product. I hope I am wrong, but I don't have much faith.

Best Answer

I'm having similar issues with my OnePlus 3 and Blaze. Have tried unlinking/uninstalling the app and the Blaze. Worked fine until latest update on 15th Aug. Now not getting any notifications and the app just says "Notification service not running" and tells me to restart, to no avail. Disappointing as it does seem to be software related in that post-v3.whatever lots of issues have come up for me. Looks different (not even better I don't think) and worse functionality.

Best Answer
0 Votes