Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts not showing up on Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My texts are not coming through on my Blaze. I have checked all my permissions on my phone and reset the blaze and my phone and also refreshed the notifications following the procedure on the forums. All other notifications come through except texts.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @SunsetRunner, it's good to see you around in the forums for the first time, welcome. 

Thank you for all the information about your Blaze that is not receiving text notifications. Before considering other options, please make sure to check all the necessary requirements and if you've exhausted all troubleshooting options listed here to resolve problems with notifications. As an alternative, try to disable the notifications completely and set them up again following these steps

Also, be sure to check if the mobile device you're using is listed here as a compatible device with the Fitbit app.  

Please keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner   There are several other threads on this same topic, the main one being here:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Blaze-won-t-display-text-messages/td-p/1981858/

This is a known issue that a different Fitbit Moderator has indicated is being worked on, but as of V3.6 released on 9/16/2019, it is still a problem. Read the posts in the thread above to learn of the workaround to sideload V2.9 of the app.

@DavideFitbit  Suggest you merge this thread with the thread above and 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Blaze-not-receiving-text-notifications/td-p/3650474/

Best Answer

What is what is the workaround for 2.9? It’s amazing to me that this is still an unresolved issue for the developers. I’m ready to switch companies at this point. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just spent over an hour with online chat...they know it’s an issue but have no further information or timeline for an update. Which basically means, unless you want to upgrade to their newer devices (my mom just got the versa2 and it works fine)...we’re probably all out of luck...

Best Answer

@eps105 Thank you! this has been the most helpful reply I've seen and I've spent a handful of hours searching and saw nothing about the bug (maybe I just didn't read down far enough).

Best Answer

Yeah...mine was working until I upgraded my iPhone from the X to the XS Max. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. I have a Pixel 2 XL and when I initially set up the Blaze, text messages worked just fine. Not sure what happened but one day, text messages stopped showing up. Phone call and email notifications still work just fine. I have checked all my permissions on my phone, reset blaze, uninstalled and re-installed the FitBit app with no success. It has been quite frustrating to say the least.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for participating in the forums. I am sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue, sharing the solutions and helpful tips to help other users. I would like to confirm that we’re aware of this issue and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. I appreciate everyone's feedback, I understand that this can be very frustrating. We’re aware of this issue and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. Thank you very much for your patience and reports. 

For the ones who recently updated to iOS 13, please make sure to adjust some settings on your iPhone or iPad:

1. On your iPhone's settings, tap on “Notifications”
  2. Tap on "Messages"
  3. Tap on “Show Previews”
  4. Choose “Always” or “Only when unlocked”

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LiliyaFitbit  Thanks for your acknowledgement. 

FYI, I installed the Android version 3.6.1 (released on 9/19/2019) on my Galaxy S8 and it did NOT fix the problem. I rebooted both my phone and Blaze, and tested with text messages (using Google Messages), making sure Google Messages was set as the active app in the "Text Messages" notification menu in the FitBit app. All other notifications continue to display on my Blaze, just not Hangouts or Google Messages.

I'm rolling back to V2.9 again until I see a post here confirming a new update has resolved this bug.

Best Answer
0 Votes