Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not receiving text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze is not receiving text notifications from Pixel 3xl. It is synced and receives email and phone notifications. I've reinstalled app and restarted Blaze. What am I missing? It's driving me nuts?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

In case anyone following this, my Blaze has started receiving all notifications again as 27th August (Whatsapp texts, Gmail email, calls). Not since an update or me changing anything on phone. Not sure why... 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, sorry for the late response. 

Thank you for the update @Rasfit, I've confirmed the Samsung Galaxy S10 is not currently listed here as a compatible device. Some users have been able to resolve following these steps, but unfortunately it can't be guaranteed at the moment that it'll always work properly if the device is not officially compatible. 

@Superpockets @Bike.ski @Beclambo, thank you for confirming that you already tried the suggested troubleshooting steps. I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon.

@SunsetRunner,  I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. Could you please confirm if you received a reply from Customer Support? 

Thank you for all the details provided @SunsetRunner, could you please confirm if you already tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier? Also, please let me know which mobile device you're using to set up this feature. 

It's good to know this feature has started working for you again, thank you for the update @Kim36.  

Keep me posted.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all the necessary steps and I still do not get text messages from my Galaxy S8. Is there a fix coming in the near future? 

Best Answer

Hi Davide,

Alas, the notifications functioning was short lived. I've no idea why but my Blaze has stopped receiving notifications again. No updates to either phone, Blaze, or Fitbit app. 

Is the "compatible devices" list new? I have never been asked by Fitbit to check if my device is supported before and I have had multiple Fitbit devices going back a few years now. It seems like since the app has been updated recently, fewer devices are supported. I've got a OnePlus 3 that works fine and has always worked with every Fitbit device I've had. App-updates that render my previously-working devices defunct seem like a backward-step. As I say, I've used Fitbit devices for a number of years but if I now have to buy a specific, new phone every couple of years to ensure compatibility, I may be forced to abandon Fitbit. 

Perhaps I have misunderstood but as far as I'm aware, my OnePlus 3 has worked perfectly with my Blaze for about 2 years (all notifications etc.), and the recent software updates have rendered it "incompatible". This seems a bit perverse. One of the benefits of Android is meant to be that all Android devices run (almost) all software in a very similar way. Fitbit's list of supported Android devices is extremely limited and a barrier to a lot of users, in my opinion.

Kim

Best Answer

Hi @IowaStacy, welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

Thank you for confirming that you already tried the suggested troubleshooting steps. I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon.

Thank you for all the information provided @Kim36, I've seen many users have been able to sync and receive notifications without any problems while using non compatible devices, but it wouldn't be possible for Fitbit to guarantee that these features will always work properly if the device is not included on the compatibility list, particularly after device firmware of Fitbit app updates. 

Unfortunately we haven't received any updates to be able to know when more devices will be included in the list of compatibility. I hope too that other phone models can be included in the near future.

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there,My phone(samsung s8) got an update for fitbit app 2 days ago and after resyncing my watch to the phone it is now back working and receiving text message notifications.Thanks for listening and improving your app.Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer
My Notifications are working fine now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great news @Beclambo and @monique7, thank you for sharing these updates! 

Best Answer
I downloaded the recent update today and so far so good!! Getting all notifications and its auto syncing

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was using messenger as my SMS as a workaround, but I am happy to report that I switched back to the messages app from Samsung and it is working with my watch again! 😃

Best Answer

My messages are also working now. Thank you everyone for your support

Best Answer

Hello @Acoop1168 @Superpockets @Hectower, sorry for the late reply. 

That's great news, thank you for sharing this update, it's good to know that notifications are working properly now.  

Best Answer
Unfortunately my fitbit blaze is still not receiving notifications from my
google pixel 3xl
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having these issues since the July update. All notifcations except text come through onto my Blaze. I have noticed calls sometimes list the wrong person though. Fitbit support admitted to me it was a known bug in the app with Android 9 and they are working on it. This was early August. I have given up hope they will fix it for our Blazes, as they focus on new product. Terrible, terrible customer service. 

A workaround that finally worked for me- I switched to the red Android messaging app. I really don't prefer it, but my texts are on my wrist again so there's victory there. Good luck all!

Best Answer

@DavideFitbit  There is another, larger thread on this topic that is being Moderated by @LiliyaFitbit where she has acknowledged this as a known issue that is being worked on. I don't see in any of your responses on this thread any acknowledgement of this as a known regression bug. Most of the people that you are congratulating on fixing the problem have done so by finding workarounds, not actual fixes.

Suggest you merge this thread with https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Blaze-won-t-display-text-messages/td-p/1981858/  and https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Texts-not-showing-up-on-Blaze/td-p/3741855/  to provide a unified message from FitBit.

As of the new released V3.6 released on 9/16/2019, the regression bug of not receiving Blaze notifications for some or all messaging apps registered under the "Text Messages" notification menu (E.G., Android Messages, Google Hangouts, etc..... while ALL other notifications are still received on the Blaze) has NOT been fixed, and the only functioning workaround that doesn't involve switching to inferior apps is to sideload V2.9.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bike.ski @eps105 I'm sorry for the late response. However, I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Blaze is still unable to receive text notifications.

In the meantime, I'd like you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in this help article if you haven't tried them before and see if the issue gets fixed.

@Alikater99 I appreciate the time you spent sharing the workaround that helped you to get the issue resolved. Please don't hesitate to get back if you see something unusual and I'll be happy to assist you.

See you guys around.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue. I never even put two and two together that this all started after the recent update. I have tried every forum and how to guide to fix and NOTHING is working. Text messages are the only thing I don’t receive. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AleyBoBaley1218 I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'd like to welcome you to our Fitbit Community.

I appreciate the time spent trying the recommended troubleshooting steps in regards the text notifications issue that your Versa is experiencing.

Please let me know what is the brand and model of your phone. This will help me to assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit  Thanks for your acknowledgement. That help article is of no help, as it troubleshoots not receiving ANY message, and the problem noted on this thread is that ONLY text messages are not being received on the Blaze while all others work fine (phone calls, e-mails, and anything else checked off in the App Notifications screen except for apps like Hangouts that are cataloged as Text Message apps).

I installed the Android version 3.6.1 (released on 9/19/2019) on my Galaxy S8 and it did NOT fix the problem. I rebooted both my phone and Blaze, and tested with text messages (using Google Messages), making sure Google Messages was set as the active app in the "Text Messages" notification menu in the FitBit app. I also tested with Hangouts, same problem. All other notifications continue to display on my Blaze, just not Hangouts or Google Messages.

I'm rolling back to V2.9 again until I see a post here confirming a new update has resolved this bug.

FYI, on other threads discussing this same topic, Moderators such as @LiliyaFitbit are posting that this is a known issue being worked on. Why do some Moderators know about this and others just offer generic troubleshooting steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I revert back to V2.9?
Best Answer
0 Votes