Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not resetting steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is the second time this month that my blaze hasn't reset its self to zero steps at midnight, this doesn't help specially if it happens on a race day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @Jenni18. Welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry you're having problems with your tracker not resetting at midnight 😕

Have you already tried to restart your tracker and see if this makes any difference? If not, You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot. See if for the next morning the steps and all other activity has reset and if you are still having problems with this, you could try setting up your tracker as a new device. 

For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem and the steps should reset at midnight.

Let me know how it goes!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Simply traveling across a timzone line can cause this if the tracker does a sync  between the current 12:00 to 1:00 am time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit blaze steps will not go back to zero. This has happened before and I solved the problem using the forum suggestions. But now... It says Today at the top. I have re booted my blaze 3 times. I went in and added it as a new device and synced it again. I tried changing the time zone and then changing it back. I shut down my phone and blaze......basically everything suggested in the forums so far that I've seen. Still not resetting to 0 ! Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HDblaze do you turn the Blaze off at night? This is the most common reason for steps to not reset at midnight. 

Restarting the tracker .or even setting it up as a replacement device, will not change any step counts that have already been sent to your Fotbit account .

Yes changing the timezone so that the Blaze shows a time that is after 11 pm yesterday and letting the trackers time cross midnighrt. Now do a sync then set the correct timezone, and sync again has helped a few people. This will need to be done while someplace in the world is still on yesterday's date. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you I will try your suggestion. I have been shutting my Blaze down at night to save the battery. Maybe I will stop doing that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes