Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not syncing Run exercises

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 7/6/17

Yesterday, there was a fix released that resolved this issue. Now that I have confirmation that this was resolved, I'm going to close this thread. If this pops up again in the future, please create a new post to report the issue. 

Thanks everyone for your patience! It is always appreciated. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 6/29/17

Thanks everyone for your patience while this was being investigated. Our team was able to identify the problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when the fix will be released. Once the fix is released I will update this thread again. 

Fitbit Update: 6/14/17

Some Blaze users have reported that their run exercises initiated on the tracker are not syncing over to the Fitbit app or web dashboard. 

Our team is aware of this issue and currently investigating the root cause. Thanks to all who have reported this. I will post any updates on this thread when there is more information available.  

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
389 REPLIES 389

This has been going on for years I brought a charge HR and had nothing but problems with it, then I made the mistake of buying the charge 2  which was great for the first six months then it stopped syncing and then it started doing silly things like logging a mile as   six hundred steps where it should have been in the thousends.also  it has stopped reading the heart beat. they have promised to send a replacwment that was two weeks ago  now they say it could be  another three weeks,

Fitbit just can not get it right.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for an update! Unfortunately MobileRun does not solve my problem. I do not want to run with my mobile device strapped to me. Instead, I am copying everything into Map My Run from my Blaze when I complete a run.
Best Answer
0 Votes
The passed week mine has been working.  Today it even mapped my run.  It has never done that before. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Clb1987That's great news...to help me and others what did you do and what hardware etc.?

Android Version:

Phone type

Fitbit App version

How did you use the Tracker ?

Were there pauses and resumes ?

Also anything else that can point us in the right direction .

Hoping you can respond....

@Clb1987 wrote:
The passed week mine has been working.  Today it even mapped my run.  It has never done that before. 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Motorola Droid phone.  I set exercise to run.  It connected to the phone.  Hit let's go and went.  Yes, the pause and resume. We're there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Clb1987  Thanks for that... Your using Connected GPS. Did you Pause and Resume and Finish... or.... Pause and Finish..No resumes just Pause at the end...

I have no issues with Pause and Finish.... but the minute I use Pause and Resume and Finish I don't get the maps etc...

What Fitbit App are you using ? because in another topic some have back graded to V2.42 to achieve total success.

@Clb1987 wrote:
I have a Motorola Droid phone.  I set exercise to run.  It connected to the phone.  Hit let's go and went.  Yes, the pause and resume. We're there.

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am having this exact same problem and have just been on the phone to fitbit UK who told me that there are no reports of this problem and they know nothing about it. They told me to clear the cookies from Google chrome and then reinstall the app. I did this but it still is not working. Lady on phone said that all the data from my runs are showing up on their system so there is nothing wrong that they can see. My blaze is only two months old so I am not happy and the service from fitbit was not helpful at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tsime  That seems odd from the UK Support.. If they say they can see your runs, what do you see ? On your Phone Dashboard and/or your PC Dashboard.

Also are you just using the Blaze without the phone or Connected GPS ?

If you are having the exact same problem, can you help us.

As I said in earlier post, this issue seems to be affecting many users in a different way some with phones some without.

Nearly midnight here and you approaching mid afternoon for you.....so my reply maybe delayed but others may chime in..

@Tsime wrote:

Hi, I am having this exact same problem and have just been on the phone to fitbit UK who told me that there are no reports of this problem and they know nothing about it. They told me to clear the cookies from Google chrome and then reinstall the app. I did this but it still is not working. Lady on phone said that all the data from my runs are showing up on their system so there is nothing wrong that they can see. My blaze is only two months old so I am not happy and the service from fitbit was not helpful at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I am using my blaze without my phone or GPS as I don't want to carry phone on runs. This has been working fine for weeks then last week the stats from my runs just wasn't syncing with app on my phone ( I don't have pc). All that appears on app is the time for my run but there is 0 calories, no impact, heart rate or pace. Any other exercise I do such as weights is all logging fine on app just seems to be the run wirkout. Uk support said they could see all my stats on their end and also said that this wasn't an issue that they were aware of. I did what they suggested which was clearing cache on Google chrome but no luck still not working.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@WookieeBiscuits, and @Tsime@if your not going to bring your phone I reconnects setting up your stride so the Charge 2 may properly calculate the distance correctly.

@Tsime@if your issue is not related to what is currently being discussed but is a known issue and what the original discussion of this thread is about. seems it only affects some Blaze owners. You can read more in the first few pages at https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Blaze-not-syncing-Run-exercises/td-p/2044916/

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TsimeThanks for claifying that..  Have you tried Hike instead because some others were suggesting there was an issue with Walk in the Exercise Mode on the Blaze without the phone and to try Run and Hike...

I will do some testing tomorrow, past midnight here.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I'll give that a try. Just annoying as it was working fine before.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too . Just been 11 miles and no run logged

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah it's really annoying no distance, calories, pace, etc. Was working fine until last week just hope someone can fix this in training for half marathon so run stats are important.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit wrote:

Fitbit Update: 6/14/17

Some Blaze users have reported that their run exercises initiated on the tracker are not syncing over to the Fitbit app or web dashboard. 

Our team is aware of this issue and currently investigating the root cause. Thanks to all who have reported this. I will post any updates on this thread when there is more information available.  

Same as myself. Twice excerises of running on last Friday and last night, on watch have been recorded but on dashboard hadn't syn for exercise so why it had happen? Please sort out and what happens? Hope it will sort before I do half marathon on Sunday Thanks for your time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Does anyone know if this has been fixed yet. I have done two runs this week and my blaze has added the steps and minutes but not showing in the exercise part. Only my walks I have done this week. Not sure how long this has not been syncing but also notice that it hasn't recorded my park run I did at the beginning of the month. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, not fixed yet got reply stating they were looking into problem so hopefully soon

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, my blaze worked for a short period but is on the outs again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my return label to send my Blaze back, and placed an order for a Garmin Vivosmart HR+.  I bought it from Amazon, so the return process is super easy (thank goodness).  I am SO disappointed in the customer service from FitBit.  I've had three personal interactions with them now, and each time they are completely clueless about the issue and give ridiculous solutions.  Good luck everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me to . Put it off since the issue started two weeks ago . I am returning it today . I was happy with my blaze . However the response from fitbit has been ridiculous. To think they are still selling a faulty product and keeping it quiet . Tut tut . Trading standards will be made aware of this faulty device . 

Best Answer
0 Votes