Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not syncing to iPhone 8

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I see that my issue entails my Blaze and the latest versions of iOS. I have tried the ways provided in the forums and have now gotten as far as having my phone forget the device (it had been dropping the connection a handful of times as of late - but this most recent time restarting everything wasn’t helping). I’ve removed the Blaze from the app, reinstalled the app, restarted my phone restarted the watch, pretty much everything I can and my phone is still not able to find my Blaze AT ALL. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @The_Coolest, great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems to get your Blaze to connect to your iPhone 8 😕 Thanks a lot for all you've tried to get your Blaze to connect though.

Can you please tell me when was it that you updated to the latest version of iOS? Is this the 11.2.6 version?

Since you've already tried to restart your tracker and uninstalled and reinstalled it and made your phone to forget your tracker and none of that has worked, you could try to set up your tracker as a new device on a different mobile device as an iPad or a phone you can borrow from someone else as long as it's compatible. Do this just to get your tracker to connect back to your account and right after that, turn off the Bluetooth on the device you just set it to and open up the Fitbit app on your phone and see if your Blaze appears there and if it syncs.

If that doesn't work, let me know. I'll be happy to help you out!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there @The_Coolest, great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems to get your Blaze to connect to your iPhone 8 😕 Thanks a lot for all you've tried to get your Blaze to connect though.

Can you please tell me when was it that you updated to the latest version of iOS? Is this the 11.2.6 version?

Since you've already tried to restart your tracker and uninstalled and reinstalled it and made your phone to forget your tracker and none of that has worked, you could try to set up your tracker as a new device on a different mobile device as an iPad or a phone you can borrow from someone else as long as it's compatible. Do this just to get your tracker to connect back to your account and right after that, turn off the Bluetooth on the device you just set it to and open up the Fitbit app on your phone and see if your Blaze appears there and if it syncs.

If that doesn't work, let me know. I'll be happy to help you out!

Best Answer

Thanks so much, I’m happy to say it worked. To answer your question, my phone has the latest iOS, version 11.2.6.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great news @The_Coolest! 😄

Thanks for getting back and letting me know! Anything else, I'm here to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I lost the Bluetooth connection again. Surely I’ll be able to restart this and whatever that, but is there something in the works on whoever’s end to fix this issue? 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

I seem to have the same problem! I've tried all of this and even was able to pair my Blaze with an old iPhone. Then turned Bluetooth off on that one and opened FitBit app on iPhone 8+ and the Blaze still doesn't pair. I am currently running iOS 11.4.1 and have the latest version (uninstalled and re-installed) of the FitBit app. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had three Fitbit products and recommended them to friends and family.  Now I cannot sync or use my Blaze.  There's no readily available "fix" for the problem either.  The last "help" post I read was written in February 2018 and the person said their Fitbit Blaze couldn't be paired with an iPhone 8 - no matter how many steps were taken to connect the devices.  It's now January 2019 and I have the same problem and nothing works.  I tried all the things listed on the forums and Fitbit's own site.  In this day and age waiting almost a year for a "fix" to be found is really, really disappointing - it's a deal breaker.  Fitbit has fallen behind the times.  I want a product that works now -- and I may never buy another product from them again.  I have been a very satisfied customer -- but this is ridiculous.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same problem, could not pair through the iPhone settings, however someone else recommended doing it through the Fitbit App, and that worked. I deleted the Blaze in the FitBit Account screen and then added it back through + Set Up a Device, after I paired using the Fitbit app, I went back to my iPhone bluetooth setting and it was listed, and paired. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks - it finally worked!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Kim, Your frustration struck a chord with me, so when I found a solution that worked for me, I had to find your post again and share it with you - happy to hear it worked for you too!

And thanks for letting me know!
Best Answer
0 Votes