Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze refusing to sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a blaze and it will not sync. I tried unpairing it from my phone but now I can't pair it again. Do I have to delete the tracker and lose all my unsynced data? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@FitbitSupport helped me out via Twitter. The solution:

Log out of the fitbit app

Restart phone 

Replace tracker 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I have been trying to Sync since  about noon.  Unable to do that.  I have deleted application.  Turned Blaze on and off.  Unpaired and repaired Bluetooth.  It looks like it is going to sync,. Says it is looking, then syncing but step number remains the same.  Frustrating.   And other suggestions?

Best Answer

I'm not sure if turning the Blaze off and on does the same as a restart but a restart does no harm so is worth a try:

1. Press and hold the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

Restarts are known to not always work though so give this a few tries. If it still won't sync after that then there are some more troubleshooting ideas in this help file: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the tips, Steve. I did try restarting a few times. My latest problem is that I figured I could solve the problem by "forgetting the device" on my phone, then pairing again. No such luck. The blaze doesn't want to communicate with the phone and the app seems to want to stay out of it because, for the life of me, I can't find a way to "repair Bluetooth connection" without deleting the device and losing all my precious, precious data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your data shouldn't be at risk as it's held on the fitbit servers and not on the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that, although the data that has already been synced is safe, the data that is stuck in my tracker from the past week is at risk. When you tap the garbage can icon, it warns you that unsynced data will be lost. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's correct. My apologies I thought you were considering deleting the Bluetooth connection from the phone's settings rather than deleting the tracker from the fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FitbitSupport helped me out via Twitter. The solution:

Log out of the fitbit app

Restart phone 

Replace tracker 

Best Answer
0 Votes