Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze repeating notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit blaze frequently repeats notifications that have already been cleared. It happens very frequently, more often than not a message will come back and show up on the screen when I receive new notifications. It seems to do this whether I click clear all notifications, or swipe to the right to clear them. It appears to only happen with text messages and possibly phone notifications, not calendar notifications. Any one else having a similar issue?
Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hi there @Rpelliot, I wonder if you clear your messages directly from your phone? I have a friend who was experiencing the same issue and according to him it was because the message were clear from the Blaze, however not from the phone so the message repeat itself on the Blaze. 

Let me know if this is the case, I'll be around if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
No this does not solve the issue. Even when the messages are viewed on my phone, if I get a new notification then the blaze will bring up old cleared notifications. Strangely this does not happen every time, but very frequently.

Thanks,
Ryan Elliott
Best Answer
0 Votes
any one experiencing the same issue?
Best Answer

Thanks for the information @Rpelliot. Have you check if your iOS Fitbit app is updated? If you haven't, I recommend checking if it is by following @MarreFitbit's instructions in the How do I update the Fitbit app for iOS? post.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I recently switched from Sprint to Verizon. My Blaze now notifies me three times for every text message. If it was just an annoyance then maybe it would be ok but unfortunately it will drain the battery more quickly. I am hoping to find a fix soon .

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit app is up to date. It appears that almost every time I use the notifications now, I have to clear notifications multiple times. This happens after I receive a new notification, but thankfully does not send a new notification for the old cleared messages. I have not recently changed my carrier. This happens even when all the notifications have been previously cleared and also cleared on my phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It also appears I am getting repeat calendar and phone call notifications as well. Only following new notifications just as it has been before, but these repeat notifications had all previously been cleared both on the Fitbit and my iOS devices. Hope this is resolved with the new update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information @Rpelliot and @Ferris_1972. Our team is aware of this inconvenience and is working in getting it fix as soon as possible, your patience would be much appreciated. If there's anything else I can help you with, let me know.

See you around! Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
It appears that the new update on blaze has fixed my issue of repeating notifications. All the best.
Best Answer

Not here.  I am getting duplicate notification from email, calendar, text, and 3rd party.  I verified I have the newest app, rebooted my phone, rebooted my Blaze and it still happens.  I am running 17.8.301.7.  It is annoying since I scrolled through 20 notification to get the clear all and when a new notification comes the 20 reappear.  

Good customer service is solving the customer's problem. Great customer service is making sure it never happens again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting duplicate notiifications as well. I am I am running 17.8.301.7.

I mainly get duplicates on email, but all noifications are a culprit of duplicates.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am glad to hear that your notifications inconvenience has been resolved @Rpelliot.  @kenlpeters and @SunsetRunner it's great to see you around. I would like to know if you keep having problems with your notifications? If you do, in the meantime, I recommend restarting your trackers.

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Best Answer

I too am getting repeat notifications after having cleared them from the Blaze.  And also already having viewed them on my phone.  The repeats come in with new notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine does it when I receive a reply to an email from my work exchange server.  My fitbit breaks apart each email in the body and reports them with new notifications.  I have had upwards of 13 or 14 buzzes when I get an email because of it.  So obnoxious I just turned off email notification from my exchange account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have the problem of repeat notifications appearing on my Blaze. I am also running 17.8.301.7. Unlike other posts, however the repeats are only for emails and texts that I have not viewed on my phone or other devices. 

Best Answer

I have repeat notifications also.  Not sure what the fix is,  please help.  Version # 17.8.402.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Youre working to fix this problem "as soon as possible"? It's JUNE 2018. Your message is from September 2016! How is that as quickly as possible?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why has this not been fixed?

Yesterday I recieved the same email notifications 7 times. Yes, SEVEN.

All of this because I hadn`t cleared my phone due to being in a rather lengthy meeting.

This is 2019, and I see this problem has been affecting people for THREE years.

When I recieve a notification I only want to recieve it ONCE. Surely your "boffins" would have come up with a fix for this by now had they actually been working on it,  rather than just fobbing everyone off.

Best Answer

For the past few weeks this has been happening. I JUST cleared my notifications on the phone and the device but they all came roaring back. Emails from days ago are showing up. Everything I have is updated to the latest software versions and yet it continues to happen. 

This is happening with such stunning regularity that I'm ready to completely ditch this product altogether and look for something else. The fact that this problem is three years old and not yet fixed is staggering to me. 

Best Answer