Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze resetting issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all, I have a Blaze fitbit and recently it will not reset my steps. I had a issue with the device about two months ago where the battery went dead, and after contacting customer support I was able to get it to turn on again and recharge it. Now the problem I'm having is that it will not reset any of my data, I turn my fitbit off at night, since I do not like sleeping with it. On Thursday July 27 I had reached 14k steps, I turned it off around 7 pm and then synced it in the morning of Friday July 28. When I did that all it did was changed the date and everything from the day before stayed. So I came to the forums and found several solutions and tried them all. These include:

-Resetting the fitbit by pushing the buttons, saw the fitbit logo came on and still did not change.

- Someone recommend fixing the exercise log for it to reset, I did that and still nothing.

- Lastly I read to change my time zone that is passed midnight and then change it back, this did work, but the stair count was incorrect. Plus if I didnt move the moment I had change the time back to normal with the steps at zero, my fitbit would sync again and go back to the 14k steps from the other day. I had to do this twice for it to stay at zero and then moved around so that it wouldnt change my steps. 

Ok now this brings me back to this morning, I had again turned it off last night around 7pm, and synced it this morning at about 5:30 am, this time while syncing it, the steps changed to 14k that I had two days ago. I didn't think it would do this again to me, and I"m a bit confused as to why it wants to keep my steps from two days ago. I again changed my time zone and it reset to zero. My concern is that if I turn it off tonight it might reset in the morning back to the 14k steps instead of zero. I'm not really sure what else I can do to try to fix this problem. I might have to leave it on my desk tonight while still on and hope in the morning it will reset correctly but then again I'm do not know.

Please let me know of what I can do to try to fix this problem, thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @ohmermaidme!

Thanks for all the troubleshooting steps that you provided! I’m not sure what’s happening with your Blaze. Maybe there’s a conflicting issue when you turn off your Blaze every night. I would try charging it during the night instead of turning it off. Also, if I would try turning on All Day Sync, that might help. 

Let me me know what happens!

Michael Groff | CO, USA
Fitness isn’t being better than someone else, it’s being better than you used to be!

Best Answer

With most Fitbits the days steps get reset when the watch changes from 23:59 to 00:00.

It is well know that when a time zone change crosses midnight and the tracker does not experiance this 11:59 - 00:00 the steps will not reset. 

We have noticed that when turning a tracker off at night, this can only be done easily on the Blaze and Surge, sometimes it resets sometimes it doesn't. 

Now on the Blaze of it is shut off the time will be wrong when turning it on. 

My thoughts are to check the date on the tracker before the sync to correct the time.. If the Blaze has today's date I suspect it would act different TJ n if the Blaze thinks it is still yesterday. 

Personally I would find it a hassle to have to force a sync every morning when I first wake-up.. Why not leave it on like every other watch on the market. With the heart rate set to auto, the Heart rate lights will stay off, I suspect that the battery will last longer than the 5 days I get wearing it 24/7

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, thank you so much for the help, I decided to remove the app I have and download it again, it looks like it made a update and I decided to leave the fitbit on my desk to let it reset itself overnight while still on. It appears to have worked so far, my only worry is that I'll have to charge it more often, since I usually have to charge it about every three days.

If I find out it is still having problems later on, I'll update this post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @ohmermaidme@RunningFreak and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

I am glad to hear that your tracker is now resetting at midnight, I think the problem was as mentioned turning off the tracker at night. Now about the battery, if you are having issues with this, I recommend taking a look at this post.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer