Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze stuck on "Clock Error" message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze is less than 8 hours old.  I tried to customize the clock display, and is now stuck on 'Clock Error' ... "Go to Fitbit app and try another clock". Even after trying to go back to the original clock, trying to re-sync and restarting the device, I get the same error message. This is not what I had in mind when making the purchase.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
32 REPLIES 32

@Kjackus I have my thoughts as to why this ocaisionly happens. 

The fix that usually works is to switch to another face and sync again. 

Ok that didn't work., so let's go to the add tracker routine that can be found by tapping on the Blaze in the top corner. Now choose the option to replace your Blaze. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue

I'vet tried to re-sync numerous times, I've tried to reset the device numerous times. 

Nothing is working

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been dealing with this same issue! My Fitbit shows that there is an update available but bails out halfway through the syncing. According to my Fitbit it hasn't synced in nearly a month.

The bizarre thing is that it still is connected (gets texts, can control music) I basically can't use it as a watch, which is my primary use.

Best Answer

@Kjackus & @NateJames89 thanks for stopping by guys! @Rich_Laue is right, this is usually fixed when you switch between clock faces and then sync again. If you have done this to no avail, then I recommend following the instructions from this post right here with further troubleshooting steps. Let me know how it goes! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kjackus thanks for getting back to me! Your post was empty, please let me know if the issue with your clock has been resolved by now. I'll be looking forward to your new comments! Smiley Wink

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I did actually figure it out. I finally thought to delete the app and start fresh. It works now!

Thank you for checking in!

Best Answer

@NateJames89 thanks for the update! It's great to know that you have figured it out by deleting the app and starting fresh. Thanks again for sharing!

I'm sure this will help other users also experiencing the same. This is what the Community is all about; sharing knowledge and solutions. Way to go! HeartSmiley Happy

Best Answer

My problem is that I am getting the "clock face error" message 2-3 times per day. Each time, I re-sync with a different face and it is fine, until the next error pops up. What might be the root cause of the repeated error?  It happens no matter which face I use. My Blaze is nearly a year old and started doing this only last week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for bring this up to my attention @cavebugs. This definitely doesn't sound like expected behavior. I suggest syncing your Blaze three times. Open the Fitbit app and wait a few moments for your tracker to sync automatically. Then manually sync your tracker twice using the Sync Now option in the Fitbit app.

Also, just out of curiosity what is the error message you get with your clock face. Is it a red "x"? If possible, please post a screenshot so that I can have a better picture of what the issue is.

In the meantime, I recommend restarting your Blaze by doing the following:

1. Press and hold the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If your tracker doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my tracker? to turn Blaze off and back on again.

After the restart, attempt to change clock faces and sync; this is to sort of refresh the software of your Blaze. I really hope this helps. Keep me posted with the outcome! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Mine too, for over 6 months - annoying- don't use it but want to...

It instructs me to press the left button, enter the 4 digit number then it doesn't do anything, just connecting to FitBit forever

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for taking a break to visit the community @kbonneau! That definitely doesn't sound like expected behavior. I'd recommend restarting your Blaze by following these steps. Then I suggest trying to pair your tracker again by entering the 4 digit steps and post back with the outcome.

Best Answer

I have just purchased the Fitbit versa, all was going well then it came up with clock error, I unpaired it and have uninstalled and installed three times and it still won't pair, really annoyed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

exact same issue!  This is completely unacceptable for a product like this!  I want a replacement overnight!  Test your software on testers not customers!  

1.watch worked fine.

2. changed clock to fitbit labs pet one.

3.went to change it to another, app would not show anything. 

4. reinstalled ios app... nothing

5. reset fitbit nothing

6. unparied reset to factory settings

7. paired and software updated but now a brick as i have the clock error

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same problem with my Ionic right now.  Factory reset does nothing, still says Clock Error.  I've had this device for 2 days!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It has sorted itself out, I have no clue how but it has, I just kept
turning my phone on & off & checking I had internet & installed the Fitbit
app again. I don't know if the Fitbit app itself is having problems, hope
you get it sorted
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi mine seems ok now, not sure how I did it but just kept turning my phone
on and off, checking I had internet & installed the Fitbit app again hope
you get it sorted
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think they're getting close to resolving this. I can view the faces they just don't load yet

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, thanks. I'm restoring my watch now. The faces work, putting the
apps back.

--
Ken Hensel
kphensel@gmail.com
Best Answer
0 Votes