Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze stuck on "Clock Error"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
White changing my clock face my daughter was playing with my phone. At some point she got into the bluetooth settings and unpaired my Blaze. Now the display is showing "Clock Error go to Fitbit app and try another clock". The problem is I am unable to get to the setting to set bluetooth into pairing on the Blaze now. I have tried resetting it but continues to display the error.
Best Answer
0 Votes
68 REPLIES 68

Hi there @RickGoulet, good to see you in the Forums!

Sometimes whenever users find problems changing the clock faces, normally, changing the clock face to a different one or restarting the tracker by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds does the trick but as in your situation, also setting up the tracker as a new device works.

@Trinity---, thanks for getting back. Does that mean that your tracker is properly working now?

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you fix it... I'm having the same problem today... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to delete the device and add it back in your app. It's the only fix

Best Answer
0 Votes

No your fix didn't work I had to delete the device and add it back. There are major issues with the blaze that is not getting addressed by Fitbit. I am already looking st switching to an Apple Watch since you guys can't seem to fix them 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was going to do that, but just going to the screen where I could do it somehow fixed the problem for me.  None of the other ideas worked so it surprised me that I didn't have to do much.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Next time @Trinity--- don't remove the tracker, set it up as a replacement device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze is still stuck on Los Angeles time

when I set the time zone to automatic it comes back with London which is correct :-

however when I go back to dashboard and synch the change is lost

Apon going back to advanced settings the time zone has returned to Los Angeles!

I have tried re installing the iPhone app and removing and resetting the blaze but no good

any other ideas ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi... I have a hard time with that few weeks ago... it's very frustrating...remove the app reset the iPhone and the Fitbit and reinstall the app again... good luck hope it help

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Even including the reset iPhone step as well as the others I am STILL stuck on Los Angeles time 🙁

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of these methods worked for me. Restarted, that failed. Re adding the device failed as it wouldn't even connect at all. Please help me, its really stressing me out. I even re downloaded the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im facing similar issues of clock error ever since my first setup.. Tried following 

1. Reinstall App

2. Replace blaze sync twice

3. Restarted phone. 

4. Blaze on off multiple times 

Plz advice a suitable solution of factory reset or similar

Best Answer
0 Votes

I eventually solved this using Steve H Solution

Try changing the timezone via the web interface at https://www.fitbit.com/settings/profile

To do this log in to your account on a desktop PC and change the time settings here rather than on your phone

It worked for me thanks to SteveH 01/05/2017

Hope it works for you as I know it drove me mad for days

Harry

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not turned on the Bluetooth before the Blaze went weird and I am now stuck with the Clock Error. Fitbit really shouldn't sell their products with such a known error!

Best Answer

I have tried all of these so called solutions...and nothing has worked. I restarted.....I took the Blaze off of the profile and then readded....all I did was change the clock face display and now this clock error will not go away....there is nothing that is working. I have had the Blaze for less than a week....I took the first one back because the band kept falling off and now this....when you spend so much money on a product there should not be so many issues and problems as I am having with less than one week of ownership and two different Blazes.

I cannot go to any other screen on the Blaze because the clock error has frozen the screen. 

Besides going back and getting my third different Blaze in less than a week....is there something else that can be done. 

By the way I would take off the solved checkmark on this topic....because based on the comments on here it is far from being solved. 

Best Answer

They put solved because it was solved by me with my incident. Did you reset the device? The hard reset? Or call customer service I had so many issues with this and battery life they sent me a replacement . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the hard reset....cannot shut the blaze off because the screen is frozen on clock error screen...I have erased the app on the phone....and put back on....I have taken the blaze off my app and redid it...and nothing///it keeps sending me new four digit numbers because it cannot get past the screen....to see it so common among blazes I wonder why Fitbit does not have this as an issue that deserves priority.

All I did was change the facing design of the device...and instead of changing to the new face when it synched...the screen froze on the clock error screen and will not go away. the software leaves a lot to be desired if this is as common an issue as it seems. 

Best Answer

Yep it is a problem and for how much we paid for them they aren't addressing it. I guess I got lucky with mine. When my error happened I did the argyle screen went to the error so I went back to the app changed it back to the screen I had previous and it popped in. I stayed away from the argyle face ever since . That seems to also be the common problem as well. I would call customer support or just return it for an Apple Watch. I still might get one 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try Fitbit/support.com they are amazing and quick

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried customer support....they offered to send me a new one...my third Blaze in less than six days....said no thanks...went to Best Buy and exchanged and got a Samsung Gear...a little more.,...but so far....much better than the Blaze ever was...with more options.

They lost me and I had been a Fitbit customer from the inception until now. They need to catch up on the technology of things....I thought they were awesome when first out...but the competition has caught up and passed them by. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing is happening to mine as well.  I may switch to Garmin, this blaze (the first one didn't work at all and had to be returned!), it gives a rash, has a bad smell and doesn't always show the time when twisting your wrist, I only chose this because of the touchscreen, but little point having that if it doesn't even work!  ;-( 

Best Answer
0 Votes