Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze watchband

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been a long standing customer going through many of the Fitbit products over the years.  In almost every case I ended moving to another fitbit, more current product due to failures of the band, not the electronics. After the failure of my surge wristband I was ready to finally leave the fitbit family of produicts when they released the Blaze with the promise of a replaceable watchband.  I purchased a Blaze and also when they became available a metal watchband.  I was disappointed when the watchband fell apart at the connection point between the links and the frame around the electronics.  I attempted to work with customer service to see if I could get it replaced easily.  It hasn't been out long enough to be out of initial warranty.  

After 30 minutes uploading pictures I am at the point where they will send a label and I can ship the band back to them.  Then when they log it in at the warehouse they will replace it.  I have lost confidence in the company and product.  It should take Best Buy 5 minutes to figure out how to deal with this.  I may have gotten a lemon but I would tell buyers to hold off purchasing the metal watch band until there is enough history out there to see if the product has a quality issue.  The process to let fitbit make good on their product issue will frustrate you and for a $40 band is not worth the trouble.

After numerous years I give up on them which is a shame as their electronics are pretty good value.  But if you need to replace product annually it is a very expensive product.  I can go very high end and over a 2 year period it ends up being cheaper and I don't need to drive back to the retailer or wait weeks to deal with a fitbit product quality issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I got a similar band on Amazon for $15 and it's has held up well. Sorry to hear your frustration. Knowing their product is good, why not get your band elsewhere? Just a thought. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Here is a p[hoto of the failure point.Failure point of band.Failure point of band.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a similar band on Amazon for $15 and it's has held up well. Sorry to hear your frustration. Knowing their product is good, why not get your band elsewhere? Just a thought. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I posted this I have gone with 3rd party bands and been very happy.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
great!!! me too!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've bought the rubbery ones online and two have failed while I was wearing it and it were lost. I made sure the bands had a proper buckle - the ones with the holes and nubbins were impossibly unreliable.  n I'm going to try and glue the loops that hold the end of the band down...  I have also been using and buying (and losing and drowning) fitbits for a bunch of yearsl  I'm afraid to wear the bands now, and keep it in my pocket or clipped to my clothes.  But I'd rather have the watch on my wrist.  Any ideas about how to have more confidence in watch bands?  Presently I have an alta hr and a charge 3 for summer in the water.

Best Answer
0 Votes