Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze wildly off since update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the recent dashboard update, coupled with Daylight Saving Time change, my Blaze has been wildly over counting steps.  I realized that as an avid knitter, it is counting each time I knit a stitch.  It hasn't done this before.  How can this be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the forums!

Knitting will cause added steps. As you are using your hands. I would take it off while doing this if you dont want the added steps.

Hope to see you around the forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @CaseyJay and @WendyB thanks for stopping by.

As mentioned, since you are using your hands constantly, your tracker might pick up some steps, I recommend restarting your tracker and keep in mind that you can negate this extra information by manually logging the activity "Driving" from your Fitbit app by doing the following:

1. Tap the "+" icon

2. Tap Track Exercise

3. Enter the information required

4. Tap Log it

5. Sync

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit wrote:

A warm welcome to the Community @CaseyJay and @WendyB thanks for stopping by.

As mentioned, since you are using your hands constantly, your tracker might pick up some steps, I recommend restarting your tracker and keep in mind that you can negate this extra information by manually logging the activity "Driving" from your Fitbit app by doing the following:

1. Tap the "+" icon

2. Tap Track Exercise

3. Enter the information required

4. Tap Log it

5. Sync

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Another option is to use the DriveBit app that automatically logs a drive based on your start / end time of tapping in the app. It is quite helpful I have found especially when I ride my motorcycle. It really racks up steps when it is literally vibrating back and forth on my wrist.

Charge HR (retired) - Blaze - iPhone XR
Best Answer
This only started this week. Since I got my Blaze at Christmas I have knit over 50 hats, a baby sweater and blanket and a lace shawl without this happening. What has changed, other than daylight saving time?
Best Answer
0 Votes