Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step Count

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been to a spin class this morning and despite starting my watch on spin it had added this to my step count making it inaccurate. Can I stop this ? 

Also, why do they give you calories burned for being alive ? This just makes this very confusing. Regretting my purchase now!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @Nikki6225, unfortunately the Community is divided between those who want step credit from biking and spinning and those, like you, who do not.

Basically, if your Fitbit detects steps it will credit them to your count, whatever the activity.  The exception to this is the activity "driving" which can be used to delete data

Fitbit gives you "calories for being alive" because for most people this is the overwhelming majority of calories they burn.  Many people use their Fitbits for tracking their weight.  They try to balance food and activity in order to lose, maintain, or gain weight.  It wouldn't be very helpful if at the end of the day your Fitbit told you, for example, 320 calories -- how would you know how much to eat?

In any case the notion of a body that is not alive burning activity calories doesn't make much sense...  Your calorie burn is a combination of bodily processes and activity and that is what the Fitbit tells you.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes