Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze will not charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Blaze I bought back in May. It has worked fine until yesterday. I put it in the charger overnight but it didn't charge. All the contacts are good and clean and I have since tried several outlets and computers to try and charge. It just will not charge. Hoping someone here can help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
35 REPLIES 35
Same issue here.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @rackleydw and @QKeel it's great to see you around! Woman Happy Thanks for troubleshooting this issue by yourselves. If your trackers are not charging, I recommend restarting your Blaze and after the restart process, I recommend cleaning the charging contacts on the back of your Fitbit Blaze, since over time the contacts can accumulate dirt and debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this can damage the plating and result in corrosion.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
I called Fitbit for help. Was told how to reboot the tracker. After dozens of attempts to reboot I finally was able to get it to charge. Now it will only show the clock face for a few minutes and then shuts down again requiring another reboot to see the clock again. While it is on for a few minutes no other functions work such as scrolling to settings. Called Fitbit again and was told that I have to send a video to them to prove I'm not a liar before I can get anymore help. Really wish I would have seen all these problems posted before I spent so much on a product that has such terrible customer service.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
I too have minimal functions. If I remove the tracker from the charger, it shuts down immediately. I called yesterday and the gentleman was able to log on to my account for a few minutes and see that the tracker was not getting a charge whatsoever. He is sending a replacement out this week.
Best Answer

Thanks for the information @rackleydw and @QKeel I am glad to hear that you will be receiving a replacement device. Woman Very Happy You can follow these steps from a computer to setup the replacement tracker:

1. Click the Fitbit Connect icon located near the date and time on your computer.
2. Click Open Main Menu.
3. Click Set Up A New Fitbit Device.
4. Click Existing User and log in to your account.
5. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Now @rackleydw, I recommend getting in touch with support one more time and tell the advocate what steps you have done so far, I know you will be getting a great solution.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Wink

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Well sorry it has taken so long to respond. The next time I talked to customer service they looked at the video and decided to replace the tracker. I have been using the replacement since then and again it is acting up. It has started to not take a charge again. Everything is working for the moment but there is only 1 bar left. I have tried to restart it dozens of times and it does nothing. When this thing is working I love it and use it as my motivator. $200 dollars is a lot of money to pay for something so unreliable. My wife is looking at the new Alta but I think I will try and talk her out of it.

Best Answer
Out of curiosity what is your charging habits like? @rackleydw
Best Answer

I charge it when I get a notification that the battery is low.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both times this has started over night. Everything working fine, put it on the charger and it shows to be charging. In the morning put it on and it shows charged. A few hours later it shows 1 bar and the battery is empty. Fitbit has not sent me a low battery notification yet even though it shows very low battery. What puzzles me this time is it will not reset/restart when I hold in the single and lower right buttons.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That sounds weird @rackleydw, if you have already tried all troubleshoot possible to get your tracker to work again without success, I recommend contact directly our support team one more time since they have the proper tools to see how long is the battery lasting. As you know, for a faster response you can contact them via phone or chat.

Let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Best Answer

My Blaze will not charge.  I tried to do the reset and the dead battery icon came up,  i cleaned all contacts and have tried every usb plug i have and it will not charge.  I have only had my Fitbit Blaze for 3 months WTF WTF WTF anyone have any ideas please help.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Robray34. Welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that your Blaze is not charging 😕

If you've already tried to restart it and it doesn't respond, I can recommend getting in touch with the Support Team. Since you've had it for 3 months, you're covered under the one year warranty and they should be able to take a deeper look and see what is going on and get you back on track.

Let me know if you need more help with this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Hey i've left it in work so will not be able to test until tomorrow morning. will let u know, thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @trickapro! 🙂

No worries, I'll be looking forward for the outcome! Good luck!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Same situation and I'm sick of it rebooted cleaned the post I've bought two blazes for me and my husband he don't use his. I can't get this one to charge had to go through this re boot n cleaning over and over again to get it to charge the last two times bought the aria scale can't get it to link to the Fitbit I spent a fortune on this stuff I would never buy this stuff again. This time it still won't charge I've had it two months unbelievable they ought to be recalled. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call Fitbit. They have replaced mine three times. This last one has lasted the longest. I only charge it for an hour or two. Never leave it on the charger for extended periods of time. It kills them.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bmlace is there a message on your yracker that says http://fitbit.com/setup?

If so then your tracker is charging, and you wont see a nattery indicator

Best Answer

@Bmlace is there a message on your yracker that says http://fitbit.com/setup?

If so then your tracker is charging, and you wont see a battery indicator

Best Answer

Thank you for the information. I was having problems charging my Blaze and your suggestions worked like a charm.

Best Answer
0 Votes