Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze will not pair.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bought a slightly used Blaze and it will not pair. It paired for the previous owner no problem.

When setting up a new device it allows me to connect, gives a 4 digit code,after I have entered that on the app it says "connecting" and then goes back to previous screen.

I have called the help line and so far we have :

Restarted the Blaze 

Restarted the phone

Turned bluetooth on and off. 

Used only wifi

Used only data

Uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app

Updated the filmware on the phone (Samsung s7)

Turned the bluetooth classic off

Turned the bluetooth classic to pair

Tried another phone to pair it to. (Samsung s5) 

Downloaded the app on PC and tried to pair(Windows 10)

Used an older version of the Fitbit app (2.7 I think?) 

Paired the bluetooth through the bluetooth option on phone

Turned off all other bluetooth devices in the area.

And done all the aforementioned things repeatedly and in different order over and over for 2 days now.

I can't think of anything else to do at this point. I'm very frustrated. The tech I spoke to on the phone said that he hasn't heard of this happening before,however when I look online there are lots of complaints about this . Phones that were compatible are suddenly useless with the app updates.  

I'm quite disappointed that I spent two days wages on something that is essentially a really fancy-albiet useless device. Because I am not the original owner I have no where to even return this to. 

These devices are too expensive to be useless from an app update. 

I really hope there's some sort of fix for this 

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Nice to see that you're digging into the Fitbit Forums @Kdder, let me give you a warm Welcome to our Community. Many thanks you for all your efforts and patience trying to resolve this situation.

I checked with support but we couldn't find your case. Can you please send me the email you used by PM? Does your Windows PC have Bluetooth?

To continue, if you haven't already done so I would like to suggest you the following:

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes