Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze will not sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Blaze will not connect.

I have had my Blaze for over 5 months now, and a couple of days ago it stopped syncing. I have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions, and now my Blaze will not connect (I cannot set it up as a connected device). Things I have tried include:

- Deleted and reinstalled app on my (compatible) Android phone (Samsung)

- Reset and restarted my Blaze

- Switched my phone off and on

- Switched Bluetooth off and on

- Unpaired and Paired my Blaze in the Bluetooth settings

- Removed my Blaze as a device from the Fitbit App

What is happening now is:

- I Pair my Blaze in the Bluetooth settings of my phone - it shows up as Blaze (Classic).

- I then go to the Fitbit App on my phone and in the Account screen, click + Set up a device.

- I follow the instructions to set up my Blaze

- It finds my tracker

- It asks me to Enter the number on your display

- I enter the number

- It just says Connecting... and then nothing else happens

- Eventually it comes up with a Bluetooth Issues screen, Cancel or Restart Bluetooth option. I've tried both of these and neither works.

I'm beginning to think there is a problem with my Blaze. It can't be Bluetooth, as it does find my tracker and ask for the number. Any suggestions please?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

First, turn off bluetooth classic. That is for music control. You don't pair it via your phone's bluetooth settings. It only pairs when it syncs. It will show in your phone settings if you enable notifications in the app. Try doing all of this while the Blaze in on the charger.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @PeteJH and @SunsetRunner thanks for stopping by.

I appreciate your efforts in trying to fix the syncing issue you are experiencing. If you still having this inconvenience, I recommend taking a look at the Having trouble syncing? post and follow the instructions provided there.

Let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply. I've been using the Bluetooth Classic option because I read another suggestion on this forum that it would only work with that setting. Also, it's the only way my Blaze will connect. If I try to pair with the Blaze only device, it just rejects it every time (and I've tried many, many times).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @PeteJH.

Could you please tell me which phone you have? In the meantime, I recommend checking that it is a compatible mobile device.

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I ran into this forum while trying to find a solution for the same exact problem.

I have followed all of the same steps as the user above.

1. Unpaired, re-paired

2. Uninstalled app, reinstalled app

3. Completely removed device from my account and added back in.

4. Restarted both phone and fitbit Blaze

5. Removed Bluetooth connection, re-added Bluetooth connection.

6. Tried syncing while device was plugged to charger.

7. Tried syncing to PC through cable. (This actually worked but it did not solve the syncing to phone issue.)

I did all above steps and every combination of above steps I could think of, nothing has worked. I can still connect to Bluetooth through Bluetooth classic but that's about it. I get the Bluetooth Issues Error every time.

I have the OnePlus 6 Phone running OxygenOS version 9.0.2

Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue as well and I am also using one plus 6. I have did all the restart and steps but still same issue, I have contacted support twice and was given two different answer, the first time I contact they say they will release a new patch to fix the issue as android 9.1 is new and one plus 6 was new phone that was back in 2018 October, today I contacted to follow up and was told a different story where they claim my blaze is past warranty and they cannot help to fix the issue, asking me to try disconnecting my old phones that have sync with the blaze previously. I was planning to switch to a newer fitbit initially but now the support seems to be giving me so many versions. Please help Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was this ever addressed?

Best Answer
0 Votes