Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't display text messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all,

I just purchased the Blaze last night, and got everything up and going on it. The phone call notification works, calendar notification works, but it will NOT display any incoming text messages to my phone. It appears to be syncing but not my texts.  Any help is appreciated.  thanks

Best Answer
273 REPLIES 273

I switched to Textra and it still isn't giving me notifications. I rebooted the blaze and my phone, made sure it was switched to Textra This is SO irritating.  I'd like to switch back to the 2.95 version, but I can't figure out how to do that.  I will NEVER buy a Fitbit again because of their customer service with this issue.  I have contacted them 3 times through their tech support.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

The question is, is it the Fitbit app or the Blaze? Is this happening with other Fitbit devices? If it is, then they need to fix it ASAP.  It it's not, it will never be fixed.  Just a thought.....

That's how it has always been on my Blaze with any text app I've used. I switched to Textra too.  IT's working but I'm not sure if I like it.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can download all of the older versions from their web site.  This is what I had to do.  Once I uninstalled the new version and installed the old version my text messages started showing again.

Best Answer

@CYBERSIS1  can you supply a link?  Thank you in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did supply a link, but maybe Fitbit took it off.  It is something they don't recommend.  If you do a search on Fitbit old version- Android it should come up.   I do not know if it is there web site or not.  I did get an error message from Google saying it was not a safe download. I did it anyway. My phone is working fine.

It  is up to you.  Fitbit should be supplying this for us. They know there is a problem, but yet they have not fixed it.

Best Answer

Having the SAME issue.  Just seemed to start out of the blue.  Now, a canned response isnt really a response; certainly not a response when the issue I'd with the Blaze and Fitbit doesnt have Blaze listed on the canned response.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

where do you find version 2.9? every time I uninstall and reinstall it's 3.2 from July 23rd.. everything works except texts transferring to the watch and now I'm always three minutes behind my phone even when it sync at that moment.. Texts used to work now they do not 😞 

I just searched on google for 2.9 yes it said it wasn't recommended but I installed anyway and BOOM my daughter sent me a text and it went over to my watch "yo yo yo Homeslice"   LOL!  but it WORKED so the updated on 7/23 made it stop sending texts... I have now switched OFF automatic update for fitbit.. Thank you for the suggestion of going back to 2.9 

JuanJoFitbit_0-1628683197973.png

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Galaxy S8+

Version Android 9

Fitbit version 3.2 removed and version 2.90 installed

I too ran into this issue of not being able to RX text notifications on my Blaze.  E-mail, calendar, call notification all work.  I rebooted everything, unpaired and re-paired, checked all setup parameters in Fitbit, checked all permissions in the Galaxy, tried 3'rd party SMS (Textra).  Several times and nothing worked to repair this trouble.  Ironically, text notifications used to work fine!!  It used to work with older Fitbit versions and now it doesn't.  So I went digging on the internet and found a website that has most of the Fitbit versions listed there and a slew of other apps. (Found out I'm not allowed to use the wesite name in this community. Just search Fitbit version 2.90.)  I know I took a chance loading an executable file that was not from the Android store.  But I went ahead with it anyways.  I removed Version 3.2 from my Galaxy and downloaded Version 2.95 the first time.  The Fitbit program ran fine but I still had the same trouble.  I removed the 2.95 version, downloaded the 2.90 version, installed it and made sure all the parameters and permissions were set up.  Low and behold,  IT NOW WORKS!!  I know that software developers need to substantiate their existence by continuously tweaking software.  But this time they they tweaked it so far they broke it.  I'm not ready to give up my Blaze just yet for a new watch even though Fitbit would love for me to buy one.  My Blaze still holds a charge, buttons work and screen looks good.  I hope Fitbit looks into this and provides a patch to fix this bug or I will stick to the older version of Software.

Best Answer

@JuddRanch wrote:

I just searched on google for 2.9 yes it said it wasn't recommended but I installed anyway and BOOM my daughter sent me a text and it went over to my watch "yo yo yo Homeslice"   LOL!  but it WORKED so the updated on 7/23 made it stop sending texts... I have now switched OFF automatic update for fitbit.. Thank you for the suggestion of going back to 2.9 🙂   

How are you switching off the auto update for Fitbit?  I could not locate that flag.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's in the Google Play in your library in the installed apps go to Fitbit don't open it just tap on that and then at the top right there's three buttons tapped out and you can uncheck the box at least that's where it was for me.

Have a Nice Day!☺
Best Answer

Im also having the same problem

The messages app is actually ghosted out in the FitBit app on my Google Pixel 2

Guess ill have to download an older version like everyone else, but does this lose you all the history thats been tracked so far ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just looked and least for my Android Galaxy J7 it did not, I think it pulls the data from the fitbit website. But to me it didn't matter if I could get the texting to go to my watch.. 🙂  

Best Answer

I managed to download the older version and it worked perfectly. I guess I'll have to stick with the old version. That's fine but it will make me rethink before buying a new Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I've installed the order version now... Textra was OK but my husband needs to know when he's getting more than one consecutive text or what's app.. It works like it used to now 👌

Best Answer

It worked!  Thank you!

Best Answer

Now how do I turn the update part off. This morning when logged onto my phone it won't let me get past the "you need to update"

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the Android, go to the Android Play Store and find the Fitbit app you originally installed. It going to wanna update. Don't. Instead click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of screen. Uncheck the auto-update feature. Close it.  If your phone won't let you get past the update, you may have to go through the removing of Version 3.2 and reinstalling 2.9 again. If you do, just make sure the auto-update flag is unchecked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue with a new Samsung S10.  Has the issue been resolved yet?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

The last email response from Fitbit was they were passing this problem on to a higher level of support. It's been a couple of days but I suspect this will take some time to iron out. I hope I'm wrong!  I'm sure it will depend how much software developer time they put towards this. Maybe if more people email customer support and let them know they are experiencing this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just read that Samsung galaxy S10 phones aren't supported. That
surprises me a bit. Yes hopefully it will be resolved soon.
Best Answer
0 Votes