Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't display text messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all,

I just purchased the Blaze last night, and got everything up and going on it. The phone call notification works, calendar notification works, but it will NOT display any incoming text messages to my phone. It appears to be syncing but not my texts.  Any help is appreciated.  thanks

Best Answer
273 REPLIES 273

New Android update is out. Anyone have any luck with their Blaze now getting text messages?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The first time I read your post I went to the Android Play Store to check it out cause I wanna download any new update.  My Android Play Store only lists Fitbit Version 3.2 as the latest update which is what gave me troubles. Curious to know where you're seeing a Version 3.25 or a 3.3 or whatever update you're seeing besides Version 3.2. Inquiring minds would like to know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am curious about what is the newest version and if it corrected the issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Their twitter account said 3.3 was out this afternoon. I did update it and I'm still not getting texts. I posted a reply to twitter and asked if the fix was for the blaze notifications and someone said it was not. Hopefully someone has better luck than me!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn't have any luck with it. I hope they get another update soon that
actually works
Best Answer
0 Votes

I messaged Fit Bit support today again after version 3.3 (android) came out. I got the standard "We know texting is still an issue and hope to get you back on track" message. This is pretty frustrating. It's been about a month since it broke,

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's getting ridiculous
Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed. It sure is frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to know it wasn't just me!!

I followed the recommendation of uninstalling the current version and installing v2.90.

After enabling sync and allowing the permissions, I am now able to get text messages again.  Turned off "Enable Auto Update" in the G Play Store.

This is very sad. It would have been ideal to post there is an issue or future updates will not be supported by named devices.  Valid case of the importance of regression testing of existing devices to confirm no impacts. Guess the powers that be saw this as a sev-4 low priority issue to address.  Thanks Fitbit!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just updated to version 3.3.1 - anyone get their text messages to work? I have not been able to yet, but have not gone through the entire remove/setup process yet. Before I did thought I'd check to see if anyone had any success yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes
waiting on a text message to see if it works.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not working for me after following the regular troubleshooting steps. 

I'm getting the feeling that they're quietly dropping this functionality for blaze. 

Calls and app notifications are still working but not text. Maybe someone will have better luck and post it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit seems to be quite quiet concerning this software bug of theirs. I get all my functions utilizing Version 2.90 so that's what I'm stickin with. When my watch does die in a Blaze of glory I'll think twice about purchasing another Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think you should have to install an app from an unknown source to get the functionality back.

Is this only affecting the Blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you!  I don't like it either but I really DO LIKE the text part of the watch functionality, among the other functions. One of the reasons I spent more money and went with a Blaze. I realize I took a chance. Downloading an app from a third party source can be risky!  My BitDefender scanned it and said it was clean, so I took a chance and it works fine.   Up until today, when checking my play store, had not seen any update. Now, today there is one. I'm torn. Do I go through the whole procedure or just keep what I know works. We'll see.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The update may not work either.  I think I will leave my with the 2.9 version.  Fitbit should really post something about this.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd like to see Fitbit release an authorized version of the app on the play store. Call it Fitbit classic until they fix the issue. But after three updates since they broke it, I'm wondering if it will be fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. Thanks for participating in this thread as well for providing more details about this situation. I'm sorry for the delay in my response.

I appreciate the feedback that you've shared, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience hat you've had with the text notifications not working on the Blaze. I see your point of view, and appreciate the steps that you've tried prior posting and with our team. As @AlejandraFitbit suggested, please verify if your phone is part of our supported device list, as if not, that means that the Fitbit app hasn't been fully optimized to work with those phones.

Now, if your device is full supported and you've tried the troubleshooting steps to get the notifications working, I'd recommend to go to your phone's settings > Notifications & Apps > Apps > Fitbit app > Notifications and allow all the permissions. If the issue persists, please get in touch with our Support Team or reply back to me so I can request a case for you.

Please note that our team is aware of the issues with Textra and while there isn't a time frame for a fix, they're investigating to bring a solution to all of you.

@sbecertified and @Melissa2017, thanks for having contacted our Support Team and posting the information provided by them. Since you've a case created, I'd recommend to continue working with them so you can receive more details about your case.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. Mine is supported, it was working. Notifications are all set properly. All notifications work other than text. It worked up until version 3.

Are cases actually being opened and support is working on them? Every time I reached out the response I received has been:

Hi there, Apologies for the delayed response. We appreciate your patience as our team looks to resolve this issue, and hope to have you back on track soon. Feel free to contact us if you need help or info in the future.

Three separate contacts to them about this issue has been that canned response. I'd have hoped for better than that....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really. the problem is the fitbit app. what is wrong with you?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes