Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won’t keep a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze won’t keep a charge for more than a few hours. When I put it in the charger, the screen indicates that it’s charging and I can also see when the screen indicates the watch is fully charged. After wearing it for fewer than six hours, it complete dies and shuts off. There’s still just enough battery to let me turn the screen on, but I immediately get the low battery warning on the screen. 

Best Answer
126 REPLIES 126

Hi @Traugutt, welcome to our Community Forums!

Thanks for sharing detailed information about your Blaze and its battery behavior. I've requested a case to our Support Team, so they can give you a hand. They'll contact you via email, so keep an eye on your inbox.

If anyone else is experiencing a similar situation, I'd suggest the following steps: 

1. Restart your device by holding the left and bottom right buttons for 10 seconds. This will refresh it's performance.

2. Charge your Blaze by plugging the charging cable into a computer or UL-certified adapter into the wall.

3. Check our help article where you'll find tips to maximize the battery life.

Let me know the outcome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. I have reset it, charged it...it simply won't hold a charge.

Best Answer

Yep mine doing the same. I can get about 6 hours on a charge. Too bad the battery can't be replaced.

Best Answer

Hi @Cyndy2015, welcome on board. Nice to see you around @Billversa.

@Cyndy2015, I appreciate your efforts in trying our suggestions. Because they didn't work, I've gone ahead and requested a case for you so our Support Team can give you a hand. They'll contact you via email, so make sure to check your inbox.

@Billversa, thanks for letting me know about you Blaze behavior. Just to confirm, may I know if you've tried our suggestions from this post?

I'll be around, so keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep I tried it all. Never had any problems with my blaze. Except I never got the 5 day battery life, even after turning off everything, ie all day sync, wrist flip etc. Most was three days. Then about 3 months ago, started only lasting about a day, then progressively got worse. Only lasts about 6 hours. I don't even wear it anymore. 

And if that's not bad, looks like the wife's blaze is following suit. She got hers a year after me. Hers would last the five days, but now it's down to two to three days. We both have been Fitbit loyal, had charge hr's first, and the bands bubbled up, both loved the blaze. I am not going down this road again, even with 25% off a new one.

Best Answer

Hi @Billversa. It's great to see you around!

Thanks for confirming that you've tried our suggestions, as well for letting me know that the same is happening with your wife's Blaze. I appreciate your loyalty and understand your position. Your feedback is always welcome as it helps us to implement improvements in our products, and be assured that your comments will not be taken for granted.

Because both Blaze devices aren't holding charge correctly, I've requested a case for you. Our Support Team will contact you shortly via email, so keep an eye on your inbox.

Let me know the outcome.

Best Answer

Hi,

I have the same problem that my Blaze won't keep its charge. I'm now only getting 4 hours out of a full charge.  Can you please open a Support case for me?

Thanks,

D.

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Blaze won't keep a charge. Doesn't make it through the day. Have followed instructions/suggestions restart etc. but without success. Can you suggest anything else please?

Best Answer

Hi Lizzie mine won’t keep charge either and tried all suggestions. Can you help?

Best Answer

Is this some kind of software bug? There seems to be a lot of blaze's not holding battery all of a sudden, mine included.

Strangely, when mine 'dies' and I put it on charge, it immediately says it is at 100% battery. If I then shutdown the blaze and put it back on charge, it starts to charge (red bars) but within a few minutes has gone up to over 50% and within less than an hour is reporting full again - Yet again if I shutdown the blaze and charge it, it carries on charging from a low charge state. If I do this enough times it will eventually seem to get an actual full charge but can take hours of constantly monitoring my blaze to get the correct charge into the battery (therefore I don't believe the battery is at fault).

Best Answer
That is exactly what mine does too!
Best Answer

I have the same issue, however mine was only purchased in December 2018, so it’s only <6 months old. I’ve tried the suggestions, to no avail.

What next...???

Best Answer

Same here. It's been fine for nearly three years, then in the last month it flashes battery warning within 6-12 hours. This morning it was totally drained, screen just showing the giant empty battery. I plugged it in to charge and it immediately displayed full battery, which is impossible. I left it charging for about 40 minutes, put it back on my wrist and it dropped to half full. I've already tried all the help articles on battery life, nothing works.

I reported it to customer services just now and they asked me to do a battery test - i.e. drain it, recharge it for 2-3 hours, then use it, then tell them how long it lasts...

I pointed out I'd been doing that and it lasts 6-12 hours?!

So they offered me 25% off a new one...

Great, product has developed a fault, which it seems like suddenly a lot have so I suspect a bug, and they'll allow me a discount but I'll still have to fork out over £100 for an equivalent new product?!

Best Answer

Seems like their default response to any faults outside warranty (despite the origin) is to offer 25% off. I had multiple issues with my Surge strap when I originally got it (an obvious manufacturing defect) and had it replaced 4 times within the warranty period, always with the same issue. Eventually they reluctantly offered to exchange it for a Blaze due to the replaceable straps, but now 2 years on and I'm left with a 'smart' watch that, even with EVERYTHING turned off barely lasts a few hours and a 25% discount (I use the word loosely as even with the discount they can still be purchased cheaper elsewhere) off an entire new watch (due to them also not selling just the pebbles or offering any kind of battery replacement program) when really it's looking suspiciously like some kind of software bug.

Safe to say I won't be purchasing a new one from Fitbit or a 3rd Party, and won't be purchasing any more of their products either with such poor reliability/customer service.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with my blaze.  Holds the charge for less than two days before it powers off. 

Best Answer

I'm trying your suggestion right now. I've only had my device a little over a year and 4 months. My device seem to go from keeping a charge for a couple of days to suddenly only lasting 4-5 hours overnight. I'll keep you posted.

Best Answer

Two threads that are reporting Blaze battery issues seems like a trend.  My advice is that if in warranty period and start to see battery issues open a ticket right away so you don't fall outside the 1 yr warranty period.  You will be able to get a replacement for free.  Mine was one month out and get the standard 25% off but then need to order extra battery chargers for office/home/auto so back to full price.

Best Answer

Same issue. Bought my Blaze in 18th November 2018, so <6mths old.

says fully charged after 1 hr on charge, charged at 7 am today and battery dead by lunchtime.

Phone App tells me battery is half full but fails to sync. 

Not happy at all! 

Obviously manufacturing/battery fault, not fit for intended purpose, will Fitbit replace? 

Best Answer

Hi @BigD003@NaomiWally@Dabeechie@crouchy221@Stevo888@Wrjxp17, @JeffRozeveld, @TMexand @Inaspin, welcome to our Community. It's nice to hear from you @HannahElRe.

I'm sorry for my delayed response and thanks to all of you for sharing detailed information about your Blaze.

@BigD003@Wrjxp17@Inaspin and @Stevo888, I was informed by our Support Team that you got in touch with them. They're currently reviewing your information and will keep you updated via email.

@NaomiWally and @Dabeechie, thanks for having tried the suggested posted above and because your Blaze devices aren't working correctly, I've requested a case for each of you so our Support Team can give you a hand. Keep an eye to your inbox.

@crouchy221@HannahElRe and @TMex I appreciate your feedback and thoughts about your experience with our Fitbit products and services. I understand your position about this as this situation as the Blaze was designed to motivate you towards your goals. We'll continue working on our products based on your feedback.

@JeffRozeveld, thanks for letting me know about your Blaze behavior and please give a try to our suggestions. If anything happens, let me know so I can continue helping you.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes