Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won’t keep a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze won’t keep a charge for more than a few hours. When I put it in the charger, the screen indicates that it’s charging and I can also see when the screen indicates the watch is fully charged. After wearing it for fewer than six hours, it complete dies and shuts off. There’s still just enough battery to let me turn the screen on, but I immediately get the low battery warning on the screen. 

Best Answer
126 REPLIES 126

I'm having same issue. I have restarted and am currently charging, will confirm if this makes a difference or not 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
I have tried all the “helpful hints” and nothing has made any difference. The battery just drains even quicker now, even the day I spent on the sofa, I only did 1400 steps that day, so it’s not like it had to do much!
Waiting to hear from Fitbit re a replacement or refund.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Lizzyfitbit, I've tried doing the reset option (I've done this 4 straight days) and the other energy saver ideas. So far, I've been able to add an hour or two but I still have to charge at least twice a day.

Best Answer

I’m having exactly the same issue, and just as suddenly as the rest. I opened a case and after 2 days I got an email with these same suggestions, to no avail. Battery is lasting less than 6 hours! 

Best Answer

I just started having this same issue. Any trouble shooting for past issues hasn't corrected the issue. So I'd like the answer to this as well. 

Best Answer

same problem. worked fine for a long time and now giving me battery dead issues incessantly. I tried all the steps mentioned already.

Best Answer

Replacement or refund is the answer! 

The product is of no use if you can’t use its features! 

Simples!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does this exact same thing. Now it won’t turn on at all and I have tried resetting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply - I am still having no luck at all after following all the suggestions the Blaze only lasts for 3 hours tops . Annoyingly the device has to be synced each time so the date and time is correct. I don't really have the time for this. Rather disappointing- bit sad as really the device is useless now

I'm open to more advice but am thinking I need to look at a different device.

Thanks

NaomiWally

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @teejay1719@Stollerbrent@Amazonkit@memon01 and @Susanls6405, welcome on board. It's nice to see you around @Inaspin@JeffRozeveld and @NaomiWally.

I'm sorry for the delay in my response and thanks to all of you for checking the suggestions posted through this thread.

@teejay1719, thanks for restarting your device. I'd also suggest to check our help article which has some tips to maximize the battery life.

@Inaspin and @Stollerbrent, I appreciate you for letting me know about your devices behavior after trying our suggestions, as well for working with our Support Team. I've contacted our team about this situation and apparently they're further investigating your cases. You'll receive an email from them shortly with more information.

@JeffRozeveld@Amazonkit and @memon01, thanks for your efforts in troubleshooting your devices and because they're not working correctly, I've requested a case for each of you so our team can give you a hand. They'll contact you back via email with more details, so keep an eye to your inbox.

@Susanls6405, I appreciate you for trying the restart and if you've not done so, I'd suggest to try the following steps:

1. Clean the gold contacts on the back of your device and charging cable with a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol.

2. Charge it by using other USB ports or UL-certified USB adapters into the wall. 

@NaomiWally, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I totally understand how you're feeling and I'm here to help you with this. I've been informed that our Support team is handling your case and I'd suggest to continue working with them so they can provide you with further assistance.

I'll be around, so keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
None of what I have done has made a difference. A case has been raised for
me and I'm still waiting for a response to that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just been offered a replacement (that I’ll probably have to pay customs and Royal Mail charge to receive) or a 50%discount of any new Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Inaspin How long have you had yours for?

Mine's coming up to three years and and I was offered 25% discount or nothing. But I can buy a new one cheaper than the discount if I don't buy directly from fitbit.

So frustrating. I have to charge daily now. Why make a product that can't be repaired?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I only had mine for 13 months even thought I started to notice it go south probably before warranty expired. Just didn’t open ticket in time.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

im having the same problem.. my blaze would'nt charge so i did the whole reset thing with the buttons. This actually worked for about a week. Now, not only will my blaze not charge, but it gets hot while on the charger. Ugh!! Frustrating. Fitbit please help, thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @teejay1719@Inaspin@HannahElRe and @TMex. It's nice to hear from you. Welcome on board @Capaz88.

@teejay1719, thanks for checking our help article and I'm glad you were able to get in touch with our Support Team. They're currently working on your case and I'm sure they'll help you with this.

@Inaspin, I'm glad to hear about the options you received for your Blaze. If you have any questions about that process, I'd recommend to reply back to our Support Team so they can continue helping you.

@HannahElRe and @TMex, thanks for taking the time to share with me your thoughts about your experience with our Fitbit products. We continue to grow and improve as we aim to provide the best fitness trackers, and your comments will not be taken for granted.

@Capaz88, thanks for the detailed information about your Blaze behavior. I understand how you're feeling and I've contacted our Support Team so they can create a case for you. You'll receive an email from them shortly with more details.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. Needs to be charged every day. Can I change the battery?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit   Is anyone at Fitbit wondering why all these battery issues are happening on the Blaze?  They dominate the board with relation to the Blaze.

Best Answer

My blaze is doing the same thing. 

Charge it and it last for 4 hours if that. 

Ive tried a different charger,

resetting it and on the computer to charge and nothing is working. 

Please advise me further?! 

Best Answer

Good news on my Blaze fit bit! In this case the 5th and 6th time of restarting my device and then charging finally achieved the desire results. My device is finally keeping a charge for more than 4 hours. I'm not sure why but yesterday for the first time in almost 2 weeks it stayed charged for more than 4 hours.

Hopefully it will last a while longer.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes