Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received my Blaze yesterday and immediately plugged it in to charge while fixing dinner.  Then I went to setup on my account and it told me that I needed to update the software. Two hours later and it still said it was updating, even though the screen said it might take as long as 10 minutes.  Woke up this morning and it still would not update.  The screen has the log and the words "fitbit.com/update" and it won't do anything else.  So much for the excitement of getting a new toy.

Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

Having a bear of a time with the update.

After agreeing to the policies and getting the Meet Your Fitbit Blaze picture, I click on "next" using my iPhone.  I get a "Continue setup" that asks me to press the left button to turn on the display on the blaze.  It's on (the fitbit.co/setup with logo)!  Most of the time, this is where everything stops.  I've tried with my iPhone and my iPad to get this thing set up.  On both, I have tried using cellular data and bluetooth.  The watch never left the logo with fitbit.com/setup.  

The iPhone finally found the tracker and said "connecting to tracker" on the bottom of the screen (that was after I did the 2-button reset about 5 times).  Now it is just spinning around and around (the watch is STILL on just the logo with the web address, so I know it isn't updating).  So I backed out and get the "Is it on" message.  FINALLY I got the "enter the number on your dispay", which I did (now spinning on "pairing your tracker").  Next, I saw the blue progress bar on the watch face....which finally filled up and gave me a watch face.  Now the fitbit app is locked on the ""pairing".  When I closed the app and reopened it to clear the lock, it says I need my Blaze needs an update!  But the watch face came on!  The blue bar was full!  So, I shut the iPhone back down, put the blaze on my wrist, brought the iPhone back up, and opened the app.   STILL showing I need to "update".  I'm trying to update (again) and having the same trouble as before (Is your Blaze powered on? yes  Loading spins on the bottom of the screen.  And that is where I am.  I tried walking around a little bit, just to see if the tracker is keeping track.  I walked about 100 steps, and it registered as 200.  Shook my wrist a little (that got me 3 more steps).  Sitting quietly just looking at my wrist got me 5 more steps.  Of course, none of this is synchronizing with the app because it is stuck on "Is it on" message.  

So I tried the big red "update" ribbon again.  Now I see "unable to start firmware update because the system is busy, try again" notice.  Busy doing what?????????  Not updating anything, that is for sure.  Turning the phone off and going to the iPad now.  Same message "system busy".  I quit for today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would log out of the app and then back in.

Go to the settings screen on the Fitbit then scroll to the version number, is it 17.8.200.3 or 17.8.1.xxx.x I forget what the x are 

You can also log into Fitbit.com, click the settings gear in the top right, then the Blaze to see what version the server says the Blaze is.

Best Answer
0 Votes

May also re-start your phone, since this could also be a Sync problem.

Best Answer

This worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I can't really help but want to commiserate with you. My Blaze is 3 months old & says I need to update software (and has for a while) but when I try it says "update failed"...every time. I have no idea how to update it. I keep trying to no avail.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After commenting on your question, I tried again tonight to update my Blaze. The 1st attempt failed like before. Then I tried a 2nd time & it worked. I have no idea why it took so many attempts over several weeks  time to get it to work but tonight it finally worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me finally.. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine will not update eiher

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BevinVA wrote:

I received my Blaze yesterday and immediately plugged it in to charge while fixing dinner.  Then I went to setup on my account and it told me that I needed to update the software. Two hours later and it still said it was updating, even though the screen said it might take as long as 10 minutes.  Woke up this morning and it still would not update.  The screen has the log and the words "fitbit.com/update" and it won't do anything else.  So much for the excitement of getting a new toy.

Spoiler
Receive my Blaze the Xmas,  I'm getting the same response.  Is there a solution for this?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. Turn you phone off completely - not just back out of the app, but fully powered down - for a minute then back on. Mine required this a couple of times untill it settled down.

Sent from my Samsung device
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got this for Christmas also, and I think my solution is going to be packing it up and sending it back!  This thing is AWFUL!  Guess I am going to be back to my Charge HR.

Best Answer

Several weeks?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. Turn you phone off completely - not just back out of the app, but fully powered down - for a minute then back on. Mine required this a couple of times untill it settled down.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get this sorted? Ive just got this for Christmas and have been trying to set it up. I wont charge it wont update and im getting nowhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

What worked for me was turning off the wi-fi and using mobile data for the update instead.

It's frustrating I know, but you'll love it once you do get it working Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Thanks...it's all good now. It just needed a long charge and what fitbit don't tell you is that the first charge doesn't show you a battery sign. Now it's been charged it's completed the setup process. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Disconnecting form WiFi finally worked for me as well. Thanks for the tip!

Best Answer

Thank you! Turning off the WiFi worked.

Best Answer

Hi

I just got a blaze and i can't get it charged to set up. How long did u need to charge yours?

Best Answer
0 Votes