Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received my Blaze yesterday and immediately plugged it in to charge while fixing dinner.  Then I went to setup on my account and it told me that I needed to update the software. Two hours later and it still said it was updating, even though the screen said it might take as long as 10 minutes.  Woke up this morning and it still would not update.  The screen has the log and the words "fitbit.com/update" and it won't do anything else.  So much for the excitement of getting a new toy.

Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71
I left mine on charge for around four hours first time although I don't know if it had finished charging before this as I'd forgotten about it. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks got it working..... had to wait untill the battery was completely flat then got it to charge though my tv of all things!

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S6 on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wondering about the charging instructions, where?  ...thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lets look in the fitbit help section  or under help 8n the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After charging my Fitbitbalze using the usb port it says it won't update. What should I do 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For some people turning off WiFi works when trying to update, but for me I had to turn WiFi on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys!!!

**ahem** ht update.. took me ages to sort it out!!
this is what i needed to do!

first of all - switch off wifi
Close ftbit app
then on Bluetooth - put forget this device
then reboot your fitbit - hold left and bottom right buttons for 10 sec
then pair device with phone again - till it shows on fit bit its paired
then -  you are ready to update!!!!
at east this is what worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried for days to get my Blaze to update. I tried on a Windows PC on USB, a Surface Pro 4 on Bluetooth, a laptop on USB, my Windows 10 Phone on Bluetooth. Nothing worked. I tried all the workarounds - unpairing, repairing rebooting, etc. It was always 100% fail during update with a non-specific error message and I was stuck. This was all using the Windows 10 Universal App.

Finally I decided to try it on my IOS device (IPad). It worked the first time.

Please fix the Windows App!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too spent many hours trying to get my blaze to update.  I tried every variation of WiFi, uninstalling, restarting, unpairing, etc.  I read through every suggestion in this thread and others.  I use a moto x pure which is not on the compatibility list but my blaze worked fine with it for the past year until I had to set up a new one after the first one broke.  Anyway...I finally asked a friend to download the app and let me sign in and update, and it worked just fine with her device (iPhone).  I then had to delete it from my app and pair it again, which still took several attempts, and now it's working.  I agree with others who say the blaze is great as long as you can manage the setup/update, but it sure is frustrating to get to that point.  

Best Answer

@Hana0402 it is not uncommon for a not approved phone to sync, but not update or setup, ive seen this suggested more then once. Glad your up and running.

Since you used your friends phone to update your tracker, dod you noticed you did not have to reset it up?

It should have been the same with your phone, simply logging in to your account should cause a sync to happen. Removimg the tracker from your account should not have been needed.

However i would check your friends bluetooth on theor phone and remove your tracker is it shows as being connected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine says 17.8.402.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!  This finally worked for me too!!  WiFi off...data only.  iIkes, that was frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes