Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received my Blaze yesterday and immediately plugged it in to charge while fixing dinner.  Then I went to setup on my account and it told me that I needed to update the software. Two hours later and it still said it was updating, even though the screen said it might take as long as 10 minutes.  Woke up this morning and it still would not update.  The screen has the log and the words "fitbit.com/update" and it won't do anything else.  So much for the excitement of getting a new toy.

Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

It's been 5 hours since I received my replacement Blaze and the bar is starting to move!!  Maybe we are getting somewhere!  I'm already sick of looking at the logo.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turning off the wireless and using phone data worked for me! My phone wasn't able to connect at all to my fitbit but once I turned off the wireless and used the data it connected. Thank you for the suggestion!

Best Answer

I am having the same issues.. very disappointed! It just sits and says it is getting the latest firmware version

Best Answer
0 Votes
@mamakat just be patient. It took me 5hrs to setup and update
Best Answer
Thanks!! I FINALLY got it to work
Best Answer

i had this problem, and a good phone reboot seemed to help.

Best Answer
Glad I got mine the first day before everyone else got theirs so the servers weren't that busy.
Best Answer

ALSO having a huge problem with getting the Blaze fitbit to update and start working. I tried to set up and update for almost 3 hours last night and it kept saying, try again.  FRUSTRATING! I tried to get tech support and I recieved NOTHING.  I would NEVER buy one of these.

Best Answer
I finally got mine to work but just turning it off and on again during the process. Like it needed to reboot or something. I have been really happy with it once that initial frustration was done. Good luck!! 
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having exactly the same problem. I am going to leave this to charge for a couple of hours a s well

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I have read this full forum. I had exactly same problem as you. I wanted to reply to you to see if you got sorted. I could update with fitbit appon phone. Iremoved all other sincing device got rid of phone from room. and tried with my tablet device. the blue update bar has got to 1/3 complete after first 2mins so that is looking a lot more promising than when tried with my phone. fingers crossed. but this might be a solution for you too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes that worked and took about 7mins. I recommend everyone try and use a tablet to start their updates if phones don't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a heck of a time getting my fitbit Blaze to update the tracker software.  I have tried MANY times on my mobile device, I have tried quite a few times on my PC, and a couple of times on my laptop.  This is ssssoooo very frustrating.  I am almost to the point of wanting to return it to Fitbit.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. I had same.

Try turning all off. Then try using a tablet . That worked for me.

It's a fabulous device once working

Sent from my HTC
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. It won't update. Piece of junk. Save your money.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I kept trying and it did work. I do really love my Blaze now - after that initial day
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Greg_Evans There's a couple things you can try if you're having trouble updating:

1. Restart your Blaze

2. Unpair your Blaze and go through the setup process again

3. Try updating through an alternate platform

Keep me posted. 🙂

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had exactly the same problem I even exchanged the blaze for a new one!

The solution that worked for me was to turn off the wifi and use mobile data - the update started immediately and didn't take long at all.

Thank you so much to the person who posted this tip Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried switching off my phone and using data rather than wifi - currently updating after a frustrating 20 mins of trying everything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i just bought mine too and it was doing the same thing on my phone... i restarted my phone and it looks as if it's downloading the new software...we'll see!

Best Answer
0 Votes