Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blood Glucose In App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Friends! I would love to see Blood Glucose (BG / Blood Sugar) tracking added to the app as a home screen option, along with basic long term (3 month) tracking data. I was recently diagnosed with Type I Diabetes and have greatly enjoyed my new Fitbit but find myself hopping app to app to gather and record life data. If BG were an added function then I’d begin using meal tracking, as well. Also adding medications (and dosage) would round out the picture for many Fitbit users with chronic conditions desiring a more encompassing app, but that might be a direction Fitbit isn’t yet pursuing. Still, would enjoy a BG add to simplify my health app count. Have a wonderful day!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @JShurb. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

Thanks a lot for this suggestion! I'm glad to hear that you've been enjoying your new Fitbit and I'm sure it will help you keep a healthy lifestyle. However, this was an option that Fitbit had before on the online dashboard and was removed a while ago. Currently, we don't have any news on plans on implementing glucose tracking soon so I wouldn't want to set false expectations on this.

You can find more information about this here.

Thank you for understanding and any more ideas you may have, keep them coming!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Hi there @JShurb. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

Thanks a lot for this suggestion! I'm glad to hear that you've been enjoying your new Fitbit and I'm sure it will help you keep a healthy lifestyle. However, this was an option that Fitbit had before on the online dashboard and was removed a while ago. Currently, we don't have any news on plans on implementing glucose tracking soon so I wouldn't want to set false expectations on this.

You can find more information about this here.

Thank you for understanding and any more ideas you may have, keep them coming!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Please give users the option of tracking other things. The ability to keep track of everything in one place would be greatly appreciated. Without this type of tracking we have incomplete information.

Best Answer

I agree.... The capability to keep things all in one place for what claims to be a HEALTH and fitness app makes sense. It wouldn't be too much within the coding aspects within the application where you can at least manually enter things like meds and glucose levels to help keep track of your health status. 

Best Answer

To be honest I am shocked at the number of requests for blood sugar tracking in the app and it still doesn't exist. I have a  Versa and a Fitbit scale which both work well.  The sleep tracker and food tracker works well too. Considering Apple health and Samsung Health both track blood sugar for free it seems Fitbit is missing the boat on health and fitness tracking.  I keep seeing promises of CGM connectivity and tracking but a simple log with flags and a chart would be a massive win with your diabetic customers. 

Best Answer

Samsung health has a blood sugar tracker. 

Best Answer

Hi,

For the food that we enter, can you add a column that tracks the sugar from the items we entered?

Its totally understood that this value might not wholly accurately reflect the sugar that we consumed based on our daily enteries, but it would give a ballpark idea of the sugar consumed per day based on what is tracked.

Please please please add this feature. Put an asterisk next to it. It would GREATLY help diabetic persons who can limit themselves to items which sugar value is captured by fitbit.

Keep up the great work!

Best Answer

I actually started using Samsung Health back in July 2018 when I was diagnosed with diabetes mellitus type II. My issue is I would like to track it in one place and that Fitbit offers a suite of fitness, health, and wellness products it's a natural fit. Based on what I'm seeing Fitbit is completely in different to the needs of it's customers in regard to this and the release of continuous O2 saturation data. Sad considering one supports monitoring  public healthy crisis and there other a global pandemic. Add soon as the K'Watch https://www.pkvitality.com/ktrack-glucose/ passes FDA testing I am dumping all my Fitbit products. 

Best Answer

That would be fantastic as well!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler

It used to be an option so please turn it back on.  My issue is I use Samsung health and I would like to track it in one place and in that Fitbit offers a suite of fitness, health, and wellness products it's a natural fit. Based on what I'm seeing Fitbit is completely indifferent to the needs of it's customers in regard to this and the release of continuous O2 saturation data. Sad considering one supports monitoring a public healthy crisis and there other a global pandemic. As soon as the K'Watch https://www.pkvitality.com/ktrack-glucose/ passes FDA testing I am dumping all my Fitbit products. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

F1A11181-9DC4-429D-8C41-08E6052D3476.png

7C59B3CD-9440-4822-A142-9EF24496088D.png

C6B155B4-62D7-46FB-B2E4-247D4A26042C.png

00F2AACF-B85F-4F5A-BA19-96253FFF11E3.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you get to the screen to add the monitor?  I can't find directions anywhere.

Best Answer

Hi there, two days ago i got the option to add blood glucose,  but unfortunately i had to reset my devices but now i dont see the option for BG anymore.? Any tips?

Best Answer

I don’t see the BG section In my IOS app as well!

Best Answer

Hi

Can you fix your connection with the amazing Diabetes:M app to allow for you to automatically read/sync its blood glucose readings (it supports Bluetooth connections with most blood glucose monitoring devices). That would be amazing - no need to manually enter my blood glucose readings.

Best Answer

Use carb manager app for your food tracking - a very sophisticated app which beautifully syncs with fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes