Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth (Classic) Incorrect Pin or Passkey Error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This has been the subject of numerous threads, but there's always an eerie silence from the administrators about this specific issue, so I'm checking to see if the problem has actually been solved.  Bluetooth (Classic) won't pair with my Droid Turbo 2 for music control.  The phone says it can't pair because of an incorrect PIN or passkey.  Neither the Blaze nor the phone display a PIN or code, the phone just stops the pairing process and gives me the error message.  I am NOT trying to sync the tracker with the low energy bluetooth.  The tracker and my phone are synced and it actually did display a PIN while doing that through the Fitbit app.  This problem is just when attempting to pair Bluetooth (Classic) for music control through the bluetooth settings menu on my phone.  The tracker is set to pair, and it is showing up as a bluetooth device on my phone.  It just isn't pairing or showing a pin/passkey to enter or accept. I have restarted and reinstalled the app, the phone, and the tracker.  I have stood on one foot while rubbing my belly any patting my head and singing Abbey Road backwards.  I swear to god if one of you tells me I'm probably trying to sync the tracker, that bluetooth classic is only for music control, or that I need to to this through the bluetooth settings menu I am going to return the thing with a long rant about how terrible this product is.  Please help.  Thanks. 

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34
Hi thanks for info. Yes I mean my fitness pal and endmondo walking app. I
have went into my Fitbit account settings it has synced or paired with the
apps but it hasn't. I've tried all the usual stuff like uninstalling the
app etc.
I appreciate your feedback thanks.

Cat
Best Answer
0 Votes

The best course then would be to reach out to them @Catoutdoors.

They are the party that setup and maintains the connection to Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi thank you for the reply. Do you mean reach out to fitbit or teach out to
my fitness pal and endmondo. Thanks again for your help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are having an issue with MFP or Endomondo. The only thing Fitbit can suggest is to revoke access and then reconnect. If this has already been tried, then you will need to contact MFP or Endomondo. They are responsible for their Fitbit connection. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your email. I've tried uninstalling all the apps and
re-installing them all. MfP and Endmondo say they are connected to Fitbit,
but they dont sync with it so who knows !!
This means I use my fitbit Versa separately from MFP and Endmondo. I can
use Fitbit to enter my calories and steps etc and I do love it but I use
Endmondo and prefer MFP for the diet side so use separately.
Thanks again for info.

Cat
Best Answer
0 Votes

Has MFP or Endomondo got back to you? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are really not answering the question of that people I am experienced the same problem and I am using the fitbit app. 

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @claudiarosu may I ask which of the two completely separate issues mentioned in this thread are you having an issue with? 

The main subject of this thread is about connecting the Blaze Classic Bluetooth to the an Android phone so that the user may control the music on the phone from their wrist. Are you having a problem controlling music on your phone from the Blaze? 

This thread was then hijacked when a user mentioned a problem between their Fitbit account and a third party app. This has absolutely nothing to do with Bluetooth Classic or the Fitbit app. If your experiancing a sync issue between your Fitbit account and say MFP, the solution has been mentioned several times above. You must reach out and contact MFP, they are in control of this sync, Fitbit can do nothing to fix this. 

As for your comment about the app, there has never been a post in this thread from a Fitbit employee, let alone a Fitbit developer. 

BTW neither of the two issues mentioned in this thread have anything to do with the Fitbit App on your phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lol Rich_Laue I have looked back and you're correct in saying I hijacked this thread. 

I hadn't realised I'd done that !!!

I just seen 'problems with bluetooth and fitbit' and jumped in there thinking someone may be able to help which you kindly did. 

Never mind at least its kept the thread going. Thanks for your help with the issue although I still can't connect my fitness pal to the fitbit. I can connect my fitness to endmondo and endmondo to fitbit but not my fitness to fitbit. 

I think I'll take to wearing a mask and carrying a pistol and go out and rob a few banks lol That's a joke by the way 😁

Best Answer

As for Endomondo and MFP there is only one thing we as Fitbit users or Fitbit support can suggest. That is to revoke and then set it up again. This setup is done through Endomondo or MFP. 

They are the parties that setup the link to Fitbit, they are the ones that handle and maintain this link. 

If you are still having issues then they are the ones you will need to reach out to. There is absolutely nothing else that Fitbit Support, or Fitbit users can recommend to help you. 

You will need to contact MFP and Endomondo. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem and followed all the steps. Unsure what else to do now. I'm doing this for someone who has a learning disability and feel that they have wasted their money.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Adjusting my Android  power/battery settings so that my Fitbit was not optimized and completing a pending Android update fixed my setup issues and my sink issues. YouTube it several people have made videos.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @Jellykat since this thread is now about 4 - 5 different unrelated subjects. You will need to be more specific than I have the same issue, which issue is that? 

Subjects in this thread 

• Is your Inspire not syncing? 
  • Are you having trouble pairing the Bluetooth to your iOS phone? Don't bother trying, this can not be done by the user. 
  • Are you having problems pairing Bluetooth LE, forget about it, this is impossible for the user to do. 
  • Are you having issues with setting up the tracker to your Fitbit account? At what step does it fail? 
  • Problems with 3rd party apps having access to your Fitbit account. 
  • Or are you having issues with connecting Bluetooth Classic to your phone. This is the subject of the thread. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

So no one has a solution to this problem?????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked great. Automatically deleted the old and installed it again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes