Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth connectivity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Does anyone else have to manually connect Blaze to phone with Bluetooth? I have to go to the Bluetooth setting constantly throughout the day and reconnect my blaze to phone. Don't know why it just doesn't stay connected. Samsung galaxy6
Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I also have a Galaxy S6 and yes I had to reconnect multiple times a day, but yesterday I got the latest firmware and that issue has stopped for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@OrthoShoe which of the two types of Bluetooth are you referring to?
Bluetooth LE can only be paired/setup by the Fitbit app, and Bluetooth classic is not needed unless you would like to control music on the phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your reply. On my phone for Bluetooth connection it that "blaze" and "blaze classic". It never automatically connects to either one, the only one I can force connection to is classic.I'm not sure what the other blaze connection even does, it does nothing when I click on it?
Best Answer
0 Votes
The Blaze is the Low Energy Bluetooth and the App does the actual pairing, this is what the tracker uses for notifications and to sync through. The Classic is strictly for music control.
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @OrthoShoe! As mentioned by @Rich_Laue the Bluetooth classic is used for the music control only, the Blaze will show on the list of Bluetooth devices as it is sending a Bluetooth signal, but to sync your tracker you need to open the app and sync from there. To read more about how Fitbit tracker's sync their data click here.  @Jason212 thanks for sharing! Smiley Wink

I'll be around if you have any questions! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes