Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up Blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've charged my new Fitbit Blaze, but I cannot get it to come on. I've tried pushing the two buttons to re-start (as seen in various posts), I get the logo on the screen but then it vibrates and shuts down again.

I am trying to set it up with my iphone for the first time,  which says its found my tracker but will not connect to it. Help!

Moderator edit: update subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

. If the phone sees the tracker than the tracker must be turned on. Now that the app has found d the tracker, a 4 digit code should be displayed on the tracker, are you able to see this code? If it doesn't please try a restart by holding in the left and lower right  buttons until the tracker restarts. Now if you still don't have a 4 digit code,, I would say that the display is not working and you should contact.fitbit.com 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Community @Davejr2001! Since, this is the first time you're setting up the Blaze. I would like you to make sure that you're charging properly your tracker before setting it up. After this, you can follow this set up procedure

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the help Silvia, but still no joy with the start up. I have charged it up overnight, but still it won't stay on. I've tried pressing the left and bottom right button to reset, the logo appears for a few seconds but then the tracker buzzes and turns off. Also I've tried connecting to both my iphone and a android device. Both find the tracker but can't connect to it. Confused??

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're not really giving us enough information to work with here. What do you mean by "turns off"? Even when it's working correctly the screen will be blank for most of the time and pressing the button will turn it on again for a few seconds.

similarly, if it were really turned off then no phone would be able to find it so I don't understand what you're telling us.

How are you trying to connect the phone to the tracker. If you're not using the Fitbit app on the phone then I wouldn't expect a successful connection.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've tried connecting the tracker to both my iphone 7 and my android device, using the Fitbit app. It finds the tracker but won't connect? I have rebooted both devices, turned the Bluetooth off & on, but still no joy.
When i press the left button or the screen on the tracker nothing appears on the screen. The Fitbit logo only appears when I hold the left and right buttons for 10 seconds, then it buzzes and I'm back to a blank screen.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

. If the phone sees the tracker than the tracker must be turned on. Now that the app has found d the tracker, a 4 digit code should be displayed on the tracker, are you able to see this code? If it doesn't please try a restart by holding in the left and lower right  buttons until the tracker restarts. Now if you still don't have a 4 digit code,, I would say that the display is not working and you should contact.fitbit.com 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply Rich. No four digit number has been displayed and I have restarted, as described, several times. I will have to contact Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I just brought the blaze and have fully charged it.  Blusetooth is working on both devices that I want to use and Fitbit App is installed.  The initial sync occurred according to the data but it will not scyn to up date the data.  On my computer it comes up with Tracker needs set up.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Fibit and unconnected and reconnected Bluetooth on both devices also, but still n luck in the Blaze syncing to the devices.  It has not updated the onformation that I have put in both devices.

Please help.

Jolene

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @JoleneCauser! I would like you to double check that you're logging into both devices in the same account. This may be the reason why it's showing the initial sync in your app but says "needs set up" in your computer. 

Also, in order to confirm your Blaze has been set up; please go to your Dashboard and in the main page you should be able to see your tracker's picture. If you're not seeing any tracker then you need to follow this set up procedure for computer or apps

If your Blaze is set up but not syncing completely, then follow this syncing troubleshoot

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes