Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up my Blaze, computer asking for dongle

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey there, I had a charge HR and I had several issues with the wristband. I was able to exchange it for a Blaze (had to add money of course) and now I cannot start up the blaze because I need the dongle which was standard with the HR and is not included in the package of the blaze....

I cannot start it up with the phone because of the same problems I had with BT  and wifi with the HR and my cell phone (a Sony SP).
I defenitely need the dongle ... After all the trouble I went through, I hope I can get one from Fitbit.

Any suggestions how to get one ?

I was such a fan, and now I am really disappointed 😞

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13
I was a little baffled myself that they failed to include one! Luckily, my wife got the Charge HR so I was able to use hers. They sell them on many online websites and local store websites. Amazon, eBay, Best Buy, Target...
Best Answer
0 Votes
If your computer has Bluetooth, you don't actually need the dongle. Download the "Fitbit Connect" application for your computer and turn on your computer's Bluetooth. Should work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit connect only works with the Fitbit Dongle. The Win10 App can work with your computer's Bluetooth.

Any Fitbit BT dongle will work with the Blaze, or you can use the charging cable and sync through that.

Best Answer
I literally just synced my Blaze through Fitbit Connect using my Mac's Bluetooth. So it can be done. https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873
Best Answer
0 Votes

@meanllama wrote:
I literally just synced my Blaze through Fitbit Connect using my Mac's Bluetooth. So it can be done. https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873

This is the first mention of a MAC, generally when mentioning  computer, it means a Windows machine, and only the Win 10 app will see the native Bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Doesn't work at all ... only works with Windows 10, tried that and trying
that the wifi gave up ...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @marcschiffers welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here. If you require a Dongle to sync your Blaze don't hesitate to contact customer support they will be happy to help! @Rich_Laue and @meanllama thanks for your cooperation! 🙂 

I'll be around if you have any questions! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

I can't start my Blaze. It keep asking me for a Dongle which isn't in the package. What do I do?

Yes... I already tried with the Bluetooth step and ain't working. I am using a Macbook...

Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

charger works as a dongle .. thanks to this support platform, it works perfectly !!!!

Love my fitbit !!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

sorry .... borrowed dongle was still in my computer .... it really really really really does not work without a dongle Man Sad Man Mad

It stopped synching when I took out the dongle and left it in the charger !!!

In fact … my experience .. I have to buy a new computer or a new smartphone … just to make my blaze work !!!

Fitbit should actually warn people buying one, that problems could occur with windows 7 … and some android phones …. It should be on the package.

It needs a dongle …. (which is not sold in most shops where you can actually buy a fitbit tracker!!!

I will finally have to buy one ..... what a disappointment … blaer 229€ now another 29€ for the dongle. Still thinking of returning it L

I am disappointed … Man Mad

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you really need a dongle than http://contact.Fitbit.com it's been stated that Fitbit has been helping there'd people out.
Best Answer

Just got an email from the customer service ... help is coming Man Happy

this gives me confidence again ... thank you support team for your help !!!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @madureirafonso! as mentioned by @Rich_Laue reach out to customer support, they will be happy to provide you a Dongle. @marcschiffers I'm glad to know your Blaze is working properly 🙂 

Catch you later! 😉 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer