Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So...purchased a new Blaze today but after 3 hours of fiddling I still can't get past set-up.

I first tried to connect it to my Windows Phone (a Lumia 640XL).  Turns out the Blaze isn't an option to connect to this phone.  My bad for not checking.

So next I tried my iPad.  Downloaded the app, got the Blaze to start the connection process, entered the 4 digit number shown on the Blaze screen then the app kept crashing.  Going back into the app when it finally recovered, the Blaze appeared to be syncing ok and telling me to update the software on the Blaze.  So I tried to update it via the app but it said the battery was too low to complete the action.  

So I put the Blaze into the charging case for a couple of hours, but it didn't charge and just displays the setup URL and Fitbit arrow.  When I connect the charging case via USB to my desktop PC, I can hear the tone from the PC (running Windows 10) noting that it's detected a USB connection but no power is getting into my Blaze.

I even dug out an old android phone and tried to get the app working on that.  I selected Blaze from the pairing options but then got an on screen (within the android app message) that I needed to update.  With no obvious way to do that and patience wearing thin, I gave up on that.

I've read through numerous posts on the forums re similar set-up issues but none of the steps suggested seem to work.  

Wondering if I have a defective charging case or defective Blaze or is there something I'm missing?  

All advice welcome. 

Moderator edit: updated title for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
32 REPLIES 32

You might try restarting the device.  Do this by pressing the button on the left side and the lower right side at the same time and holding both buttons for about 15 seconds until the fitbit logo appears.  I had to do this and it resolved all my issues.

Best Answer
If the Blaze turns on, with a fitbit.com/setup your Blaze is on, and probably charging.

Once the setup software finds the Blaze then it will tell you if it needs charging.
Try the reset add mentioned above, some also have had problems while there old tracker was nearby.
Best Answer
Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I already tried this and had no success.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
Thanks for replying.

After another try with the desktop app I got to a screen telling me to plug in my Blaze as the battery is too low to continue.

This I did...and left it for 2 hours but the Blaze just doesn’t seem to be picking up a charge.

The desktop app is picking up the Blaze and showing an empty battery but the Blaze screen itself won’t display anything but the set-up screen, I can’t update it as the battery is too low and it won’t charge no matter how long I leave it plugged in.

Looks like it will be going back to the shop where I bought it from for an exchange or a refund tomorrow.

Very frustrating.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂  Where you able to set up the Blaze?  Is the app on your iPad running the latest version? If you are having issues with the set up process please troubleshoot as advised here

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello - I can't get anything past the Fitbit.com/setup screen. Nothing comes up when on my iPhone 6 Bluetooth screen or on my Fitbit app. Would like to use this instead of my Charge HR but SERIOUSLY losing patience for this not working. Please advise or dm
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Robertshaw6. Welcome to the Fitbit Community!

If you're trying to set up your new Fitbit Blaze, make sure that you're doing this from the app itself and not from the bluetooth settings on your phone. For that, open up the Fitbit app on your iPhone 6 and tap on the "Account" section at the bottom right corner. Here choose the option that is almos at the top that says "Set up a new Fitbit device" and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.

Hope this helps and if you need any more help with this, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I am having a very similar problem setting my blaze up. it will not charge or set up. Nothing is working on it. Very fed up!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Balmysal! Welcome to the Community! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems at charging and setting up your Blaze. Whenever you have a brand new Blaze, if you put it to charge, you'll see a message on the display saying "fitbit.com/setup" and it will not show the battery indicator but it will vibrate when you plug it to any USB port.

After about an hour charging, you can proceed to set it up following the steps above and see if this works.

Let me know if you need more help with this!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had my new Fitbit on charge for 2 days now and my phone still says the battery is too low to set up!

I have done everything and it is still not charging!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

As many of the fellow Fitbit community members I've just purchased a Fitbit Blaze. I don't have a smart phone but I have read on the website you can use your laptop to keep track of my progress using the app for Windows 10 computers.

Unfortunately as to many other people I can't set up the tracker. when I plug it to my computer using the USB cradle it seems to be found as I can go as far as in the set up process as getting a four digit code on the Blazer screen which I type on the computer screen as per intructions, then an update seems to start with the message stating it can take up to 10min. Then a massage appears "Could not complete your Fitbit Blaze update" with options to try again or remid me later. Neither option seems to kick start the device, so getting very fustrated as I've spend over 2 hours trying everything it's mentioned in the forums and on the Fitbit website. Now I'm worried the battery will run low and I won't be able to recharge the tracker.

Any advise of what else can I try would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever find a fix Daniel? I've been having this same issue for the better part of an afternoon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi!Sorry to hear the same problem I had is still happening to people. I ended up having to change the Fitbit I had for a new one as the battery ran out. Then I used an IPad to set up my Fitbit. Once it was set up O could use the Fitbit on any devise and it would charge no problem. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did sort it. Took me 3 days of resetting and trying to charge on the laptop. Eventually it just did it! Press left button and bottom right bottom together and hold until screen goes black and restarts. It will work eventually!
Good luck

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there guys! It's great to have you all in the Community Forums! 🙂

@Daniel-D, I'm happy to hear that after getting your tracker replaced everything is working fine!

@RobustEnigma, sorry to hear you're having problems. You can try @Balmysal suggestion and see if that works for you.

Anything else you guys may need, let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same problem as this. It doesn't say its low on battery- it just has been setting up for a few hours already.

Its not good considering the effort needed just to set these up! Far too long!

I have reset as well as still nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Keep resetting! It will work eventually. Mine took 3 days but has been perfect since. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is really nuts how hit or miss it was trying to setup.

It ended up working. It took between 10-15 tries of resetting, reconnecting, etc.

Thanks for the response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also just bought the Blaze today and I am having a horrible time getting it set up. The fitbit.com/setup still shows on my fitbit, my laptop app is telling me that the battery is too low to continue setup. I have the fitbit in the cradle charging by the battery is not flashing across the screen as charging. When I move the unit it still only shows the fitbit.com/setup info!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes