Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So...purchased a new Blaze today but after 3 hours of fiddling I still can't get past set-up.

I first tried to connect it to my Windows Phone (a Lumia 640XL).  Turns out the Blaze isn't an option to connect to this phone.  My bad for not checking.

So next I tried my iPad.  Downloaded the app, got the Blaze to start the connection process, entered the 4 digit number shown on the Blaze screen then the app kept crashing.  Going back into the app when it finally recovered, the Blaze appeared to be syncing ok and telling me to update the software on the Blaze.  So I tried to update it via the app but it said the battery was too low to complete the action.  

So I put the Blaze into the charging case for a couple of hours, but it didn't charge and just displays the setup URL and Fitbit arrow.  When I connect the charging case via USB to my desktop PC, I can hear the tone from the PC (running Windows 10) noting that it's detected a USB connection but no power is getting into my Blaze.

I even dug out an old android phone and tried to get the app working on that.  I selected Blaze from the pairing options but then got an on screen (within the android app message) that I needed to update.  With no obvious way to do that and patience wearing thin, I gave up on that.

I've read through numerous posts on the forums re similar set-up issues but none of the steps suggested seem to work.  

Wondering if I have a defective charging case or defective Blaze or is there something I'm missing?  

All advice welcome. 

Moderator edit: updated title for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
32 REPLIES 32
Try resetting it by holding in left single button and right bottom button together. Do this repeatedly and keep trying yo charge up through computer. It will eventually work! Also clean back with a tooth brush to make sure no dust is stuck. Good luck and keep tryingM

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @mjbs @eopetterson.  Great to see you guys in the Community!

As many other users state, it could  be a little tricky at first when you're trying to set up your tracker but my first recommendation is that if it's not going through, try to restart the tracker a couple of times as @Balmysal suggests.

Also, if you put your tracker to charge and you have not set it up, you will not see a battery indicator but you will rather see the fitbit.com/setup message. Just follow the process and see how it goes. If it gives you any specific error message when attempting this, let me know and attach a screenshot of how it looks if possible.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze does not vibrate when plugged into the port. It won't charge because it's not set up, and it wont set up because it's not charged. For $200 this thing should work immediately.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lavenderangelle  The Blaze will not show any indicator of charging until the tracker is set up.  How long have you had it charging?  Perhaps let it continue to charge, then try setting up again.  Perhaps after a while longer, it will have enough charge to continue the set up process for you.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
You need to reset the Fitbit. You do this by holding in the single button and bottom right button together for several seconds. Also try cleaning the rear of the fit bit with a dry toothbrush. The blaze will eventually charge and set up.
Good luck

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also agree with @Kmransom123.

@Lavenderangelle, your tracker may not vibrate when you plug it to the charger but if you just took it out of the box, the best thing to do is to leave it to charge even when you don't see anything on the display for about an hour and then try to follow the Setup process.

For this, go to the Account section at the bottom right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

I can also recommend that if the steps above don't work, you can follow @Balmysal's suggestion and see how it goes.

Let us know if you need more help with this. Welcome to the Community Forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't get my Blaze to sync. I bought it a little over a year ago, but stopped wearing it for a few months. I'm trying to wear it again, but something isn't syncing correctly. It wouldn't let me update the software either. I'd get through the entire wait time, then it would go back to the original screen saying that I need to update. No errors, no notifications, just disappearing. I tried to disconnect the device, with the intention of reconnecting it and hoping that everything would sync, but that's not happening. I put in the 4 digits to connect, but it's just continuously sitting on that screen, saying "connecting to Fitbit..."

According to my Fitbit, it's November 12th, 4:05 in Texas. I had issues with this when I originally bought it too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try resetting it- left button and bottom right pushed in together and hold for about 20 seconds- then try recharging and syncing see if that works!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done that multiple times, I've restarted my phone, it has full battery, and I checked that it's the only Bluetooth item connected to the phone. Nothing is fixing the problem, so I now have a $200 dollar watch that can't even tell time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It took me 3 days sold to get mine going. Clean the connecting points with a dry, clean toothbrush and try resetting again. It will work eventually!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @AlexTX25. Good to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm very sorry you're having issues getting your Blaze to connect 😕

Since you already followed @Balmysal's advise of restarting your tracker and this didn't work, I can recommend giving it a while more as he says. If after several tries it still doesn't work, please let me know so that we can forward your case to the Support Team for them to help you out with this.

Anything else you may need, let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

As of right now, it's still not working. I don't know what else I can do to get this thing to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlexTX25 what phone do you have? 

You say you tried disconnecting it, did you do this through the phones Bluetooth settings screen, telling the phone to forget the Blaze? This is the way to disconnect the Blaze from the Phone. Removing the Blaze from the app will only remove it from your account. This will only cause more problems. 

Let's try disconnecting the Blaze from your phone. 

If it still won't work then shutdown, not just a restart, of both the tracker and the phone. Press any button on the Blaze to turn it on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes