Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't setup my Blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had my Blaze now for nearly a year and it's worked well. So far it's been an excellent motivational tool. Since the latest firmware update however the link between my android and the Blaze has been a bit sluggish to say the least and this morning it stopped working completely. I've tried several techniques to overcome this based on tips from this forum but nothing seems to work and it's driving me nuts. I've unpaired it from Bluetooth and now it won't let me pair it. I've tried to set up the Blaze again but all I keep getting is the "Bluetooth issues" message. When I restart Bluetooth it just keeps searching and nothing happens. It could be that I'm doing something stupid as I freely admit to being a bit of a technological dinosaur. Any ideas folks?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's great to see you around @bazlufc and thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself.

If you are having issues pairing your tracker again, I recommend restarting it. After this process, please confirm you are doing the following to set it up from your Fitbit app:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

If you keep receiving the error message, please provide me with a screenshot of it.

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

It's great to see you around @bazlufc and thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself.

If you are having issues pairing your tracker again, I recommend restarting it. After this process, please confirm you are doing the following to set it up from your Fitbit app:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

If you keep receiving the error message, please provide me with a screenshot of it.

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks for your response Alejandra.Tried again earlier today and managed to get my blaze paired with my phone.I e-mailed fitbit a couple of days ago and they suggest that the cause of my problems might be the "unsupported" device I am using(it's a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime).I don't understand this as this is the phone I've been using since I've had the blaze and its synced consistently without any problem.I've just now managed to get it to sync but it seems to be a hit and miss affair.I'll keep an eye on this for the next few days to see if I have any further issues and will post on here again if I need some help

Best Answer

Those are great news @bazlufc, I am glad to hear that your tracker is now paired and working properly. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it. And about your phone, you can check our list of compatible mobile devices, but if the one you are using is working fine don't worry about it and keep using it.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer

I am having this same issue. I’m not sure how to post a screenshot in this discussion. It’s giving me error 403 every time i type in a code to pair my device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @DaniiJanee.

I would like to know if you keep having issues setting up your tracker? If you do, I recommend taking a look at this post and follow the instructions provided there.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Best Answer