Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my Blaze over a year and it has been working great.  However,,,

I recently changed from iPhone6 to an iPhone7.  I have the Blaze sync’d and get notifications of a phone call - but cannot get text or email to appear.

I’ve Reloaded the app, restarted the phone and the blaze, re-synced: but all to no avail. Still getting notifications of phone calls no text or email messages.

Also, at one point my iPhone was recognizing both a “Blaze” and a “Blaze Classic.”  Not sure why two - and I could only connect with “Blaze.”  (Not the “Blaze Classic”)

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hey there @DHBlaze. Welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

It's pretty strange that you can't see the option for text and email notifications and also that you're getting the Blaze Classic option as it should only appear with Android devices. But nothing to worry about, let me give you a hand...

First, I would recommend restarting your Blaze. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

After doing that, go to your Bluetooth settings on your iPhone 7, then look into your connected devices for the Blaze. Tap on it, then hit the "Forget this device" option and once it's disconnected, go ahead and set up your Blaze as a new device. For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

After that, make sure to tap on the icon of your Blaze at the top left corner, scroll down to Notifications and ensure that call text and email notifications are enabled.

Let me know if you need more help with this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I have a simular issue, only i don't get email notifications (I get text notifications, i had switched from a iphone 6 to iphone 7 and get both Blake and Blaze classic in bluetooth settings). I had just tried your suggestion but it did not work. Anyother ideas?. 

Best Answer
0 Votes