Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Calorie Intake Allowance Per Day on App and Website

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I just bought my new FitBit Blaze. I am really excited about it and it's features. I have been using MyFitnessPal religiously and was extremely happy when I found out that they synced together. However, I am working on losing some weight before my wedding next year. The calories that FitBit is allowing me is way too high for my weight loss plan.

I have looked through all sorts of discussions on how to edit the Calorie Intake Allowance per day. I quickly found out that this isn't something that I was able to do on the app with my phone. I logged into my account with my laptop and I was able to edit the calories by going to the meal plan and customizing those calorie goals. It worked! But... then I went to my app and it showed that I still needed to set up a food plan and it prompt me through setting that up again, which again gave me too many calories and then it updated my dashboard online again. 

Can someone please help me figure out how to edit the calories so it shows online, and on my app as well?

THANK YOU! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @MissesJJ

There's a setting on the food log page (computer / fitbit.com / account) which can be changed to increase the accuracy.

Change setting on Food Log Page

On the Food Log page, standard a setting is used to base the calories allowed on personal history, when being more or less active the calories can increase or decrease alot.

Change to sedentary when desired to increase the accuracy, when being more active, the calories to eat will increase.

estimate.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

Thanks for the response, but this did not answer my question or issue. I
manually edited the calories allowed per day based on my own diet plan. I
had to do this on the computer. Now when I go to my app on my phone it says
"start a food plan - get started" when I go through those steps on the app
it resets what I just did on the website and does not allow me to set my
calories manually on the app. Creating the food plan on the app resets
everything.

On the app there should be an option to edit your own calories, and not
just on the computer. Or, whatever I should do on the computer should
communicate with the app.

Please let me know if there's a resolution to this.

Thanks!
Best Answer

Does this happen when using any internet browser? When desired, try clearing the cache / cookies of the browser you are using.

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

Make sure that the latest fitbit app (phone) is installed, if not already done, feel free to logout from the app and login again (after setting up a food plan on the website).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your help. I figured out what was going on. It wasn't an error with the website and te app communicating correctly like I had originally figured. It looks like when you set your own calorie goal, you cannot have the In vs out feature. 

I looked on my dashboard online and found the following message "The In vs Out zone isn't available when you have a manual calorie goal set". I think this is something that Fitbit should really work on improving. It would be helpful to have that feature on my application instead of having to rely on myfitness pall to figure out where I am with my calorie goal. 

If anyone has any tips, anything would be helpful. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MissesJJ welcome to the Fitbit Community. What a great motivation to loose weight thanks for sharing! I know you figured out what was happening with your food plan but if you have any more questions this post from @wtksk8r will provide you a great explanation about calories and the food plan. You can also share the idea to have this feature available when using your own calorie goal on the Feature Request board, this forum is the ideal place for you to share your thoughts with the Fitbit Community and Fitbit product developers. If you post the idea you can share it with your Fitbit friends, since the more votes it has, more opportunities it has to be noticed by our developers. 

Thanks for stopping by! 😉 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes