Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Time Manually

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have confirmed that my Blaze is set to Pacific time zone.   Have synced again but cannot get my Blaze to reset to change in time.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @kathywa47, it's nice to see you here!

I've moved your post from Charge to Blaze board to keep sorted our community and your post have more attention for relevant help.

My best recommendation is to change the timezone in your account to an incorrect one and sync your Blaze. After the synchronization is completed, change the timezone back to the right one and sync again. You may need to force a sync several times to get the time updated, but this should do the trick.

I usually do this process using the Fitbit App from my Android phone, you can follow this steps to do it if you have an Android too:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the menu icon in the top left corner and tap Account.
  2. Tap Settings. Select your timezone.
  3. Sync your tracker:

- Go back to the Account screen and tap your tracker name.
        - Tap Sync Now.

Give it a shot and let me know if that works! Smiley Wink

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hey @kathywa47, it's nice to see you here!

I've moved your post from Charge to Blaze board to keep sorted our community and your post have more attention for relevant help.

My best recommendation is to change the timezone in your account to an incorrect one and sync your Blaze. After the synchronization is completed, change the timezone back to the right one and sync again. You may need to force a sync several times to get the time updated, but this should do the trick.

I usually do this process using the Fitbit App from my Android phone, you can follow this steps to do it if you have an Android too:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the menu icon in the top left corner and tap Account.
  2. Tap Settings. Select your timezone.
  3. Sync your tracker:

- Go back to the Account screen and tap your tracker name.
        - Tap Sync Now.

Give it a shot and let me know if that works! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
This worked perfectly. Thanks

Kathy Kangas
Best Answer

Unfortunately it seems that my watch is totally off ..  accurate time ,as well time zone, date and day. tried syncing it  10 times...no results.. nothing , very frustrated looked on YouTube and in all the forms 99.9% are resolving the time zone, nothing about date day and time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The only way that worked for me was to change the zone/time on my cell phone and then my Blaze synced. It was also recommended to reset the Blaze by pressing the left side button and the bottom right side button until the icon came blue dot icon came back up. It worked.

Kathy Kangas
Best Answer

Hello @kathywa47 and @Vortex, great day to be a Fitbit user! Smiley Very Happy

@kathywa47 Great to know that you were able to fix the timezone issue and now you're providing steps to help other users. It's always nice to see how our Fitbitters help each other!

@Vortex It's really odd that, even if the timezone is right, the date and time are still incorrect, actually what @kathywa47 mentioned is a great solution for this issue. Please try this and let me know if it works, if not, please provide as many details as you can so I can provide further assistance.

I'll be waiting your response. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
My retries failed, and I was not able to reset as well as, syncing . Another issue is that the watch shows a total different hour as well as the minutes, the date still a day behind...if I can provide an image maybe it will clarify..

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Not sure what you have tried. My sync only happened when I changed the time zone on my android cell phone, then changed it back to the correct time zone. Also, had to press the left hand button on my Blaze and the bottom right hand button at the same time until the blue icon came up on the face of the watch. All of that synced my watch. Nothing else worked for me.

Kathy Kangas
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Vortex take a look at this thread for sync help. Your time problem is a result of not syncing

Best Answer
Hello Rich,I tried almost every option I can possibly use and suggested by the Community, from syncing to recharging to holding the left button and the right together, the time is off, The wrist skin is not updating, Time is totally off by hours and minutes and the date shows as if it's yesterday.... extremely disappointed since I have been wearing it for less then a month... thank you for trying to assist and help...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, Did you try changing the app on your phone or pad to a different time zone, then changing it back to the your time zone? This worked for me, along with then pressing the left and bottom right button together until the logo appeared on the screen. It finally synced.

Kathy Kangas
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Kathy, The time zone change on the cell app workedfor me!!! YAY!!!! 

Best Answer

My timezone is correct. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Changing time zone didn't work for me. I've been syncing it many times, with and without wifi but Blaze still doesn't want to change the time. What's the manual suggestion for this?

I could not remove this but it updated the time when I changed the clock face at the same time!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for this information.  Will need this when next week when traveling.  Very frustrating when your fitbit is on PST and the time zone is EST, lol.   Just on cruise and watch did not sync to timezone, so had to keep adding 3 hours to my fitbit time.  Got pretty good at it.  lol. Thanks again.  Hope this works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @kathywa47, it's nice to see you again my friend! Cat Embarassed

I'm glad to know that the instructions provided a few months ago are still working for you. I'd like to invite you to our Discussions board where you can find encouragement from other members, recipes and motivation to make your life as healthier you can, you can also share your experiences and find friends to share this amazing adventure.

Hope to see you around more often. 

Best Answer

I have a surge and it does not work!!!  I went to New York and changed from PST to Eastern on my computer but now it will not change back and I'm going crazy!!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @StackG, hope you are doing great and enjoying some healthy activities. Heart

My suggestion to fix this issue is making sure that the timezone is properly set in the device you're using to sync your tracker and also in the Fitbit app, please follow these instructions based on the platform you're using:

Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me... when I reset the watch it kept getting more late first 1 minute late now it is 3 so I quit in case it kept getting more off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pressing the right and left buttons worked to update my time

Best Answer
0 Votes