Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 or Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want a fitness tracker as well as a smart watch but I have no idea about the products in the market. So if anyone has suggestions then please hit me up. I am thinking that I should go for the Blaze but I am not sure.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I have an Android smartwatch and a Blaze.  Depends on what you want but there are limitations either way.  Notifications:  Real smartwatches win here because you can feel the notification vibe and / or you can get apps that allow you to set a custom vibe pattern so you can feel the vibration.  No customization with fitness devices unless you buy the pricey Ionic.  MaNy people have difficulty with the barely noticeable single vibe on the Blaze for text, calendar events and app notifications.  Some say the Charge is more noticeable. 

Heart rate:  Optical heart rate monitors are as inaccurate on Fitbit as they are on Garmin as they are on smartwatches.  It's a fault of the young technology.  Chest band monitors are accurate, fitness trackers are estimators and seem to estimate low.  I'll have an actual heart rate of 160 during an exercise and the Blaze shows half that to 30% of it.

Battery life:  Fitness trackers win.  Most smartwatches yield a day of battery life.  Fitness trackers, 3-4 days.  Samsung's smartwatches give multiple days battery life but are expensive and work optimally with Samsung phones and apps.  

Research reviews of devices of interest on the web and YouTube and look at ratings at Amazon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The first place I would go to is Fitbit's comparison page. This way you will see what features each tracker has. 

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @saksi07@Lexamundo and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

I agree with our friend here, please go to our comparison page, where you will be able to compare the tracker you like more and also you can take a quiz and see which tracker is better for you.

Let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes