Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock Faces Information Post

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey everyone! Screenshot 2016-03-04 10.25.25.png

Now that Blaze is finding its way into the hand of our users, we thought we'd provide a bit more information regarding clock faces, and how you can interact with your Blaze in different ways! Here's the run down of the four default clock faces: 

Original: 

The time is shown in analog format using an hour-hand and minute-hand. Those dots that go around the circumference of the watch area indicate minutes of the hour. The step icon at the top of the screen is the primary statistic, which is displayed in the progress dial as well (the circle surrounding the clock). The icon at the bottom of the clock is your stat cycle, where you can tap the display to cycle through all of your primary stats for the day as well. 

Flare:

Flare consists of 3 main elements: time, date, and activity level. The Flare on the outside will follow the current minutes to the hour while also displaying the activity for the hour. The more you move in the hour, the further out the Flare will extent. Click here for more details.

Zone

This clock shows the time over a color-changing background that corresponds to your heart rate. The HR Stat, HR zone and date can be toggled with this clock face, meaning you can cycle through and see what you want to see.

Pop

With Pop, your clock-face will consist of 4 main elements: time, steps, HR, and calories. While your heart rate icon on this screen does not indicate HR zone (the HR circle is always full), both the steps and calories statistic will update to be reflective of your step/calorie burn goal for the day!

We hope this helps. As always, questions and feedback are welcome and appreciated. If you'd like to see new clock faces (or changes to existing ones), please add your vote/comments to this Feature Request with specific changes you'd like to see.

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
481 REPLIES 481

@wkel24 wrote:
"Range" , as in their products currently available

Ah, gotch...funny.  In the US the Vivosmart HR is $150 and the Vivosmart HR+ is $220, so the blaze is in the middle at 200.  The garmins are waterproof and have reminders to move (not important features to me), but the blaze has changeable bands and is color.  Just depends on what you want, for the extra $20 you get the onboards GPS in the Vivoactive HR+ which could be good for some.  

The point was, that none of the Garmin devices have interchangable faces in the price range as the Blaze, you need to spend much more money on Garmin to get what the other guy was talking about "having hundreds to choose from".

Best Answer
0 Votes

@racertempo wrote:

@wkel24 wrote:

Ah, gotch...funny.  In the US the Vivoactive HR is $150 and the Vivoactive HR+ is $220, so the blaze is in the middle at 200.  The garmins are waterproof and have reminders to move (not important features to me), but the blaze has changeable bands and is color.  Just depends on what you want, for the extra $20 you get the onboards GPS in the Vivoactive HR+ which could be good for some.  

The point was, that none of the Garmin devices have interchangable faces in the price range as the Blaze, you need to spend much more money on Garmin to get what the other guy was talking about "having hundreds to choose from".

Wrong @racertempo - you keep confusing the Vivosmart HR+ (a runners watch) with the Vivoactive $220 and Vivoactive HR $250. Both Vivoactive models support Connect IQ < click link and see for yourself. The Blaze is $200 and $230, I'd say that those multisport watches are in same price range as Blaze, and have customizable watch faces. And both Vivoactive models have replaceable bands, GPS, color displays, track more stuff like swimming/skiing/snowboarding/SUP, and even find out how far to the green when playing golf.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

@bbarrera wrote:

@racertempo wrote:

@wkel24 wrote:

Ah, gotch...funny.  In the US the Vivoactive HR is $150 and the Vivoactive HR+ is $220, so the blaze is in the middle at 200.  The garmins are waterproof and have reminders to move (not important features to me), but the blaze has changeable bands and is color.  Just depends on what you want, for the extra $20 you get the onboards GPS in the Vivoactive HR+ which could be good for some.  

Wrong @racertempo - you keep confusing the Vivosmart HR+ (a runners watch) with the Vivoactive $220 and Vivoactive HR $250. Both Vivoactive models support Connect IQ < click link and see for yourself. The Blaze is $200 and $230, I'd say that those multisport watches are in same price range as Blaze, and have customizable watch faces. And both Vivoactive models have replaceable bands, GPS, color displays, track more stuff like swimming/skiing/snowboarding/SUP, and even find out how far to the green when playing golf.

Sorry, I was talking about the Vivosmart HR (150) and Vivosmart HR+ (220), both are black and white displays, no interchangeable band, and only difference is one has onboard GPS.  I got my prices right at 150 and 220....neither of the vivosmart products have customizable faces.  Sure, you can interchange how the data displays, but you can do that on the Fitbit Charge as well.

Best Answer

@bbarrera wrote:

@racertempo wrote:

But that is the point and it is on topic.  No competitors have watch faces in that price range, certinly not Garmin or Tomtom, It is not fair to compare a $600 Garmin to the Blaze and call the Blaze inadequate because it does not have what the $600 tracker has.

Not agreeing with that statement, but maybe we have different definitions of watch faces. Garmin has Connect IQ - third party apps specifically for adding watch faces and customizing the fields displayed on watch. During an exercise (e.g. run or walk or bike ride), watch 'faces' are organized as pages, and there are usually several pages you can flip between. On each page you can normally configure the fields that appear. For example scroll down to Running section of this review and this other review for an example of the level of customization. Those are $250 trackers, and again Connect IQ on Vivoactive HR exists specifcally so you can "customize your device with watch faces, data fields, widgets, and apps." Ditto with Apple Watch, customization is app dependent, and watch faces can have fields from apps. This is all going to the next level this fall with the 3rd major revision of watchOS (and apps will be a lot faster).

Hope that helps clarify its not a feature limited to top of the line devices.

As I mentioned above, I meant to reference teh Vivosmart at 150 and 220, since both have HR included.  I was not discussing the Vivoactive (220 and 250) because the vivoactive is 220 without a HR monitor or GPS, so you get a nice color screen and a few other features but no HR for $20 more than the Blaze.  But it absolutely all comes down to the features important to each person.

Vivosmart HR=150, fixed rubber band, no GPS, no color, waterproof and reminders (among others)

Vivosmart HR+ = 220, all as above but GPS onboard

These faces are not customizable and this device is focused more towards people working out and not caring about the look (IMO).  Great products, but not what I was looking for, I was quite unhappy that the VivosmartHR did not record steps at all mowing the lawn, becasue i would have to put it in my pocket and lose the HR, or lose the 2000-2500 steps.  Just personal stuff.

None of these products are true apples to apples, and I think that is a good thing for the buyer.  You want waterproof, rule out fitbit, you need GPS with you waterproof, rule out the Polar A360 and Garmin vivosmart HR.  You get my point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Vivosmart is a runners watch, its not multisport, its not in the same category as Blaze.

So lets compare to Vivoactive HR, ok? For additional $20 (versus Blaze in gunmetal) or $50 (versus Blaze other colors), you get GPS, compass, altimeter, watersports like swim tracking and SUP, real golf support (distance to front/middle/back of green), skiing/snowboarding, customizable watch faces, customizable fields while in exercise mode, VIRB camera control, cycling speed/cadence ANT+ support, Varia rear radar support, 8 day battery life with 24x7 HRM, 13 hour battery with GPS, etc, etc. My favorite outdoor activities are biking, skiing, swimming, and hiking. All fully supported. That is multi-sport.

I lose 2000-3000 steps while pushing a cart at Costco with my Force (recalled), Surge, and Blaze. I think its fair to say that all wrist trackers will over-count and under-count, depending on activity and person. And Blaze has different over/under counting versus Surge, so its also dependent on the particular tracker you are wearing.

Best Answer
Remember when this thread was about the blaze watch faces?

Pepperidge Farm remembers
Best Answer

@AnnahMaria wrote:
Remember when this thread was about the blaze watch faces?

I'm still hopeful a few new ones arrive soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Vivoactive hr has a color LCD screen Fitbit has an LED so when it comes to screens it's apples to oranges. Since it also has a built in GPS and a 249 price point, it is out of the ball park with the market the Fitbit Blaze is geared to.. So we are still applies to oranges.
I'll also bet the backup light on the Vivo doesn't stay on all the time at night.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue you missed the topic, it was custom watch faces on trackers in this price range. Blaze is multisport, and so is the competitor. The competitor gives you a complete multisport with very few compromises at almost the same price, no matter if you compare to Blaze or Surge. Creating a distraction by trying to focus on the screen is sad.

Best Answer

I was responding to the comment, and explaining why the Vivoactive can have a display on all the time. 

After searching the device out I noticed that Fitbit never expected the Blaze to compete with it. 

And actually @cenetti there is a request to have an app to design your own clock face. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the suggestion guys, I will look at the Vivoactive HR instead. You make it sound like a real nice upgrade compared to the Blaze.
Best Answer

Yu might want to browse Garmins forums, considering their sales are no where close to Fitbits, I noticed that many problems have been reported.. The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence. 

Best Answer

I am all for forums and exchanging information - amazing tools of our age.  However, most of us in and/or subscribed to this thread are here for the topic "Blaze, Clock Faces Information Post" - not a "this other watch is better" discussion.  

Receiving 3-5+ emails each day, which I (and others) would be happy to receive and read if they were on topic, would be great. But these posts each day (resulting in 3-5+ post notification emails each day - on top of all our other email time demands) about non-fitbit watches and all their features really could be in another thread about comparing Blaze to other watches - and any interested in that discussion would likewise be happy to receive and read the new post notifications.  

I'm not forum police or a Moderator - and I AM interested in the clock faces discussion - but I am respectfully requesting either those interested in comparing other products move to such a watch comparison thread or just stick to the topic?  I know the discussion morphed somewhat organically (showing other watches in this price-range/category that offer more or less options for clock faces but it has long detoured far from that).

Just a request from a fellow Blaze-owner who is reletavely satisfied with Blaze and participates in this thread for news about BLAZE clock faces. Thanks and Happy Saturday

Best Answer
Can we try to stay on topic? It's irritating to get spammed with emails based on the watch face topic only to see the last three pages describing how awesome the Vivosmart is

I'm glad you like that watch but can we at least try to stay on topic here ? This thread is about the blaze and wanting more watch faces not about what the Vivosmart can do.

If y'all want to create a thread about that please feel free to do so as I said I have no quarrel about the Vivosmart. I just don't want this thread to be spam in my email box about something other than the watch faces. Many thanks
Best Answer
Mine does not give me that option... i have to go to "my account" to find settings n there is no option to change the clock face. This is frustrating.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to your Fitbit app. Click on my account. Click on the picture of the blaze. Click on watch face. The four options should be there. Good luck!
Best Answer

Still having only 4 is disappointing

Best Answer

@AnnahMaria wrote:
Can we try to stay on topic? It's irritating to get spammed with emails based on the watch face topic only to see the last three pages describing how awesome the Vivosmart is

Why don't you unsubscribe from the thread and just check once is a while that way you don't get thge reminders.  New faces are NOT coming anyway so don't hold your breath on it.  Fitbit has not even hinted that this is in the works.  The 4 are better than most of the competition, or in line with what others offer at the price point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bbarrera wrote:

Vivosmart is a runners watch, its not multisport, its not in the same category as Blaze.

So lets compare to Vivoactive HR, ok? For additional $20 (versus Blaze in gunmetal) or $50 (versus Blaze other colors), you get GPS, compass, altimeter, watersports like swim tracking and SUP, real golf support (distance to front/middle/back of green), skiing/snowboarding, customizable watch faces, customizable fields while in exercise mode, VIRB camera control, cycling speed/cadence ANT+ support, Varia rear radar support, 8 day battery life with 24x7 HRM, 13 hour battery with GPS, etc, etc. My favorite outdoor activities are biking, skiing, swimming, and hiking. All fully supported. That is multi-sport.

I lose 2000-3000 steps while pushing a cart at Costco with my Force (recalled), Surge, and Blaze. I think its fair to say that all wrist trackers will over-count and under-count, depending on activity and person. And Blaze has different over/under counting versus Surge, so its also dependent on the particular tracker you are wearing.

I agree with you on all points, ALL trackers tend to miss something here and there, I just wanted to point out that many people have slammed the Blaze for not counting steps while pushing a cart in a store, but the VivosmartHR did not either, no while pushing a mower and my Blaze does.

I actually did not like the VivoactiveHR look, and I don't want GPS in my watch, it would be something I am paying extra for that I don't need.  

I am not convinced that the VivosmartHR is a runners watch since it has not GPS.  I used it for tennis and volleyball and I am not sure why you would specify that as a runners specific watch.  A runners watch would clearly have GPS, and only the smartHR+ has the GPS at 220.  The smartHR has tons of features for 150 though, but I would put it in line with the ChargeHR which is the same price.  I think these 2 devices are the closest to each other of most trackers.

I still do prefer the fitbit app, very possibly because I am far more used to it then my couple of weeks with the Garmin.  I thought the garmin app was too busy.  I can see why people like the garmin products though.  The vivoactive HR+ has GPS and is most like a surge due to the GPS, and if I wanted GPS I would get the Garmin 100 times over the surge as it is far superior, but also because it was just released.  I would bet at CES this year we see a Fitbit replacement to the Surge......which is also why we are not getting new faces, or reminders to move on the Blaze, they are busy working on the next, not the current.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@racertempo the point being made is that this thread k a been hijacked, if somebody wants to keep up with any clock face updates they. One want to unsubscribe, but they. Omg want to have. I put up with sales pitches for a completely unrelated product. 

Best Answer